+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to canada, how,when and what kind ? I NEED HELP

chareal

Sep 8, 2012
Hi, I'm a member of a Lebanese family, I have one brother and of course my mother and father.We are seriously considering immigration to Canada but we still lack information on which paper work we should be getting.....My mother is 50 years old and my father's 62, my age is 19 and my brother's 23.My brother and I are majored in information and communication technology (ICT) my brother still has like 1 year and have and a half to graduate and I still have like four and we both are fluent in English and french. My aunt,uncle(and their families) and my grandmother are currently citizens in Canada and are current residence for more than 15 years.My questions are : what kind of immigration should we choose ? what are the advantages and disadvantages that we could have ?Is it good that we have relatives in canada ? should my brother and I graduate before applying for the immigration ? If anyone could provide me with a detailed answer about everything I would be very thankful. THANK YOU !!

umsalma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2010
AOR Received.
january 2011
Med's Done....
07/12/2011
Passport Req..
26/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/05/2012
LANDED..........
landed safely
in what part in canada is your family?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
First, your aunt and uncle cannot sponsor you, your brother, or your parents into Canada, so there's no basis for Family Class. You and your brother are not able to sponsor each other.

Once the Federal Skilled Worker program is running again, you look into that further... but you'll need to research the program once it's up and running again. This is a long term option. You would need to complete a 4 year degree first. Some posters on the forum have been waiting 5-6 years for their PR from the time they have applied. You and your brother would have to apply separately. Your parents could also apply if they qualify. If you dad qualifies, he can include your mother on the application and bring her with him, however at 62, he is close to retirement, so I don't know if that would work for him. (I don't know as much about FSW as other areas, sorry.)

Any of you can consider getting an advance degree in Canada, enter as a student, and intend to stay in the Experience class after completing school and a post graduate work permit.

If your family is interested in farming (how exciting, I know) there are special provisions for farmers to come to Canada. If I'd known this, I'd totally be in the middle of a field full of mowing cows right now.......... hahaha :p

There is currently no way for you or your brother to sponsor your parents if you come to Canada first. Parent sponsorship is suspended right now, although it's expected to return in the future. I wouldn't despair over this at the moment. Under the best of conditions, it'll be several years before a PR in most classes and things will change (probably many times) by then.

The only short term solution is to find an employer to sponsor you and bring you over to Canada. The chances of finding an employer to do this, especially in your field, is low. Unless you get extremely lucky or your aunt and uncle have amazing connections, I wouldn't expect a job offer in IT.

Go to this link and take the assessment near the top under "Determine your eligibility." It will give you a better idea of what programs are available. If you have any questions about the assessment, just ask and I'm sure someone will tell you :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Once you know what you're eligible for, we can narrow down the advice, as the field is rather broad.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In some provinces, aunts and uncles can sponsor you (Manitoba + Saskatchewan) but your relatives don't live there so forget that.

Other programs include provincial nominee programs with a job offer and federal skilled worker which currently also needs a job offer. If your relatives can get you job offers in Ontario, you can look into that. Either coming on a work permit and finding ways to apply for PR later or applying for PR right away. See http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPGENERAL.html for more info about the Ontario PNP. In that case, you should complete your education and preferably get a couple of years experience first unless your parents want to apply.

Quebec skilled worker is another option. Not for you or your brother yet because you have not completed your education and do not have work experience yet but possibly for your parents. They have a points system. You can do a self assessment here: http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

If one of your parents can find a way to apply for permanent residency, they can apply for the other parent as well as for you because you are under 22. Your age is locked in and the only requirement you would have to meet is to stay single until you get your PR. Your brother could also be included but because he is older than 22, he would have to continue to be a full time student and financially dependent on your parents until he gets his PR. He also must stay single. It is ok to have a girlfriend but they can not live together or get married because then he would lose his status as a dependent child of your parents.