+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration to Canada for doctors

docdiablo23

Sep 28, 2016
Hi,
I am a dermatologist and I recently took the IELTS Academic test. These are my scores.
Overall Band 7.5
Listening 7.0
Reading 8.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.0

Please advise as to how to proceed from here, with regards to applying for a job at an institute/hospital in Canada. Thanks

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
docdiablo23 said:
Hi,
I am a dermatologist and I recently took the IELTS Academic test. These are my scores.
Overall Band 7.5
Listening 7.0
Reading 8.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.0

Please advise as to how to proceed from here, with regards to applying for a job at an institute/hospital in Canada. Thanks
For immigration purposes the general test is required

kamransaeed15

Sep 26, 2016
islamabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you should have consult someone before going
academic test is for those going for education in english speaking country
general training is for people seeking immigration/work moving etc to english speaking country

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
docdiablo23 said:
Hi,
Overall Band 7.5
Listening 7.0
Reading 8.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.0

Hi
Yep, firstly, you must take GT for IELTS, not academic.

Secondly, for clinicians, canada is almost impossible dream. Lots of stringent criteria for exams and licensure puts you down.

I am also MBBS, MD (Pharmacology). I am aspiring to further my career in canada as a Biologist & related scientist NOC 2121.
Although, I am still in EE pool without an ITA.

Hope this info helps..

hollablaise

Apr 11, 2017
I guess u have your ITA now, will like to know the steps please need to help my bro

jpv2212 said:
Hi

Secondly, for clinicians, canada is almost impossible dream. Lots of stringent criteria for exams and licensure puts you down.

I am also MBBS, MD (Pharmacology). I am aspiring to further my career in canada as a Biologist & related scientist NOC 2121.

Hope this info helps..

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
hollablaise said:
I guess u have your ITA now, will like to know the steps please need to help my bro
Yes I've got my ITA.
U can message me on this forum if any guidance regarding further process is needed.

azboot

Sep 17, 2017
Yes I've got my ITA.
U can message me on this forum if any guidance regarding further process is needed.
Hi
I am a practicing physician and wife is a practicing dentist in Mumbai

We are looking for migrating to Canada and are at present studying to give ielts GT
I have done Mbbs muhs NASHIK and dnb med so wanted to know the process for verification of our degree to be sent to Wes or mcc
Do I have to approach my college or muhs and nbe Delhi
Do I have to go personally or I can get some info on email or phone

Would appreciate if I could get some info on who to approach and how as I'm already practicing and unable to run from pillar to post as we know our medical institutes make us do ( at least during our college days)

azboot

Sep 17, 2017
Hi
Can anyone tell me whether it is mandatory for me to verify my mbbs and DNB degree for physiciansapply.ca or can do it via WES
I am looking to apply for PR at the moment and not to give any exams

SAS_1234

Apr 1, 2018
Hello Doctors,

Can someone please guide me through the procedure of applying for immigration through Express Entry.

I have MBBS degree with FCPS diploma in family medicine from Pakistan and have 02 years of experience.

1. Do i need to give General IELTS exams or Academic.

2. I heard that i have to pass MCCQE exam to practice in Canada. If so, is MCCQE acceptable in all provinces of Canada.

3. What is the equivalency of my qualifications in Canada and where can i get my credentials assessed.

Thanks.

CanDok

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-08-2018
Nomination.....
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
Med's Done....
09-10-2018
Hi
Can anyone tell me whether it is mandatory for me to verify my mbbs and DNB degree for physiciansapply.ca or can do it via WES
I am looking to apply for PR at the moment and not to give any exams
My case is also similar, anyone can guide, where to get the education credentials done for MBBS & DNB?

Nov 14, 2018
Hi. I'm an MBBS doctor planning to migrate to Canada once I receive my PR visa. Already got ITA and works in progress. I would like to know what job options I have in Canada and which province is more favorable for MBBS doctors. I would also like to know if academic IELTS is required for mccqe exams for taking up a residency program der.

Drsameer12345

Jan 11, 2019
Hi dear. First of congrats for ITA. I am also from India
I am in the same boat as you. I also did my M.D pharmacology after MBBS and presently into teaching.
Can you please guide me regarding job prospects after MD pharmacology in Canada and how should we go for ECA of our degrees. My WhatsApp number is 8824373849. I would be extremely thankful to you if u could help me dear.

Hi

Hope this info helps..