+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration requirements-Help

K-U.S.

Jul 29, 2006
i and my boyfriend are planning on moving to toronto, near some friends of ours. the problem is he has a felony on his record from 4 years ago. once settled in i plan to continue on with school and a nursing job.
A) what do i need to get him in as well?
B) how do i go about getting the required documentation to immigrate?

im sorry i am totally new at this and very lost and confused.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

K-U.S. said:
i and my boyfriend are planning on moving to toronto, near some friends of ours. the problem is he has a felony on his record from 4 years ago. once settled in i plan to continue on with school and a nursing job.

1. What is your status, are you Canadian citizen? Permanent Resident of Canada? if you have neither of those status, you can't move to Canada. You have to apply either as a Skilled Worker, Investor or Business Class. See: www.cic.gc.ca the offical site, everything is there. You should know that the processing for skilled worker from the US is taking about 20-45 months. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html#west
2. Are you and your Boy friend a common-law couple? i.e. lived together at least for 1 year, have joint bank accounts, insurance etc? If not you have to apply for separately.
3. Depending on your BFs conviction he may be barred from Canada. Either for 5 or 10 years unless he can prove rehabilitation.
4. Did you take the test at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-1.html to see if qualify as an Immigrant?

PMM

hatemco

Jul 30, 2006
K-U.S. said:

Aug 1, 2006
I live in USA (ILLEGAL) I came here 6 years ago eith a Tourist Visa, I used to live in Montreal, Canada and I want to go back, I applied for Asylum Satatus in 1992, but I was denied, I leaved Canada, I haven't being deported, I went back in 1999, I apllied again, and again I was denied, I haven't being deported but I leaved the country. My daughter of 14 years old was born in Canada. What can I do to go back to Canada.