+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Records recieved-No PR relinquishment no PR taken away!

phina1970

Jun 21, 2012
Hi Leon, Not sure if you remember me. I just recieved my Immigration records i ordered thru CiC. it shows my name, id travel doc-# old passport #. Maiden name, DOB, addresses etc. Only my Candian Addresses new and old. A visitor's record-which shows only the details of my first visit when I was first married. With remarks that my husband is applying for my PR, and that we were advised accordingly and that immigration fee was taken for PR application. and that I was given a tourist long term visa of 6 months, to enable this process tobe started/completed. No visitor record of any other is mentioned-specifically not the one in which my lading papers were taken from me. I remember the officer's reaction to an Americna passport and landing papers wasn't "forgiving" I was yelled at and accused ofliving in USA not Canada. they were taken when I was order to go into building -not sure Imay have signed something-don't remember. Non of this is mentioned inmy immigration documents. Anyways this is what my immigration record says. No mention of PR being taken away or relinquished. Wouldn't that be in my record if that occurred?
email does state this
The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 19(1) personal information, 15(1) International affairs and defence of the Access to Information Act.
so does this mean some info is missing?
is it important at all?
Life has improved for me somewhat I am seeing the dentist for implants and a nice dr for my back (chiropractor) also my carte soleil application for return to quebec i was missing the pictures and I provided those so my application is complete now. Hopefully I get a medical card soon.
What do yuth of all this?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it doesn't say your PR was revoked, then assume that it was not.

phina1970

Jun 21, 2012
I will soon be signing up for utility in my own name, (Thank God my sin card was replaced). I will also be turning in u.s. drivers license, for a Quebec one. Was licensed about 10 years in the States before I even immigrated to Canada. I have maintained my drivers license so I have some ID, in the States, etc. My carte Soleil should be issued soon. I registered for course at Concordia, I am a parttime student there. I cant go fulltime withthe twins. I will take a course online cause I have virtually no child care. All I do is spend money here, no job, no way I can work at this time. I filed back taxes and will continue living here for another 2 years. Will it look bad on the pr application when I apply that I'm not working. My husband is in U.S. (non resident) and I listed his net tax income amount on my taxes -under spouse info. I have some money in my bank acct , some expenses, no work income. I just can't work now. hope it's not going to be an issue. hopefully within 2 years i'll have enough credit to start looking for a condo to buy. The application for PR card, does not ask you to list ties with Canada but rather "work" or "school" info. I am not sure if they need me to submit transcripts with application too. I also will be applying for a pr and my American passport has been expired since 2007. so in 2 years from now- 2014 my pr card application will include a copy of my expired passport 2007. I have not thought about renewing my passport, I didn't want to get a new passport just for pr card application, I heard they don't like new passports. So can I just apply with expired passport? Never needed the passport to visit the USA.