+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration options - high cut-off

qamarcfa

Jul 8, 2020
Hi,

My name is Qamar Aftab and I am a CFA Charterholder with 8 years of experience. My current CRS score is 441 on the back of dual bachelor's and 8.5, 7.5, 7.5 and 7 IELTS. I am married hence the score is low. Also, no blood relations in Canada.

Here are some of the options I am exploring given that EE cut-off, pre-covid, has gone through the roof.

1. In the EE application, disclose that "my spouse will not come to Canada with me". This increases the score to 468. However, I have heard it takes years to sponsor spouse visa after you land a job.

2. Apply for an MBA, spend CAD 70-80k, and then apply for immigration based on Canadian education and experience.

3. PNP route - created a profile already for Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Mostly, either a job offer is required or blood relations in the province.

Grateful if you can help me evaluate these options or share additional options I should explore based on my profile.

Thanks in anticipation and apologies for this never ending note.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,

My name is Qamar Aftab and I am a CFA Charterholder with 8 years of experience. My current CRS score is 441 on the back of dual bachelor's and 8.5, 7.5, 7.5 and 7 IELTS. I am married hence the score is low. Also, no blood relations in Canada.

Here are some of the options I am exploring given that EE cut-off, pre-covid, has gone through the roof.

1. In the EE application, disclose that "my spouse will not come to Canada with me". This increases the score to 468. However, I have heard it takes years to sponsor spouse visa after you land a job.

2. Apply for an MBA, spend CAD 70-80k, and then apply for immigration based on Canadian education and experience.

3. PNP route - created a profile already for Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Mostly, either a job offer is required or blood relations in the province.

Grateful if you can help me evaluate these options or share additional options I should explore based on my profile.

Thanks in anticipation and apologies for this never ending note.
Your best bet is through Express Entry, I am not 100% sure that 468 is enough but the latest cut off score is 478, so it may be possible in near future.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Your first option is good. You should start learning French while you are in the pool. French will increase your score and also open opportunities for you if you end up moving to Canada.