+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

cec_canada

Nov 16, 2013
Hi - I will be sending my application this month Nov 2013 and just waiting for my IELTS results.
There is a question in the Application form and I am not sure what should be the answer for my case

Question #4: Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

I am currently in Canada under Working Permit and would expire next year (June 2014).
I am set to go back to my country by then (since my contract will end too at that time), and I don't have plan to stay in Canada since I will not have work by then and planning to wait for my application approval in my home country.

Should I indicate the immigration office in my country of nationality?
Also since I am currently in Canada, all my address (Mailing and Current Residence addresses) in the forms are in Canada, what should I do before or after I go back to my home country by June 2014 and my PR application is still in progress?
Another question, if in case I was able to make it thru the medical stage, I wonder where will be my medical exam will take place? Home country or Canada?

Anyone having the same case?

Thanks in advance!

cec_canada

Nov 16, 2013
Thanks!
I still have 7 months though so it might cause me trouble if I put my home country address in the mailing address while I am still here in Canada...
How about you current residence address? did you also indicated your home country since you are leaving next month anyway?