+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration office in the airport

whiz

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Given the nature of my job, I travel frequently. When I used to be a PR, almost every time I cross the border and come back, I've been sent to the immigration office for further investigation. I end up leaving it with almost no question, not to mention that in many occasions the officers there assured that when I become a Canadian citizen, I will not be sent to the immigration office again.

Unfortunately, and to my surprise, the first time I flew and came back after becoming a Canadian Citizen, the officer asked me to go to the immigration office! It was really frustrating, specially when I asked the immigration officer what am I doing here and he had no answer! He apologized and promised to send an email to the HQ's to see why my name is still "flagged"! What makes it even more frustrating that they don't know if this will happen to me in the future or not! There was no direct answer. What should I do? Did anybody experience the same thing? Any advice how I should handle this situation? Please advise.

Thanks

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Make a Privacy Act request to CBSA and ask for you FOSS records. See if that sheds any light on why this is happening. Complain to your MP's office also. A Canadian citizen should not be sent to secondary for immigration reasons, although there is no reason why they can't send you to secondary for customs reasons.