+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration office at the border?

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
Hi,

I know it might sound dumb but does anyone know if the immigration office at the Canada-USA border work on weekends/long weekends? I was hoping to get to the border to renew the work permit on a weekend?

Please answer if you know for sure as its a loooooooong drive to the border from here ....lol

Thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ashish_Kumar said:
Hi,

I know it might sound dumb but does anyone know if the immigration office at the Canada-USA border work on weekends/long weekends? I was hoping to get to the border to renew the work permit on a weekend?

Please answer if you know for sure as its a loooooooong drive to the border from here ....lol

Thanks in advance
Yes, but remember not all border crossings have Immigration 24/7/365 check this to determine when immigration is there: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/indextype38-e.html

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
I just consulted my friend who went to the Alberta-Montana border last year with his employer who is a Canadian citizen to get a new work permit.
He just told me that I can't go to the border alone as I don't have the permit to enter USA as I am not a citizen of Canada or USA.
Is it true? Can I really not enter the border to get a new work permit? Do I need someone who is a Canadian or American to go with me?

immiggal

Aug 28, 2010
Hi -

If you are in Canada, you should just send your request for a work permit extension to CPC Vegreville by mail.

Immiggal

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
Hi Immiggal

How is Vegreville different from CIC Edmonton? If I send my application to them, how will it be processed differently?
I am sorry I am just a bit under-informed about all this so please explain.

Thanks

immiggal

Aug 28, 2010
Hi -

Just that you don't have to go anywhere. You can just mail it there. It's where all inland extensions are supposed to go.

IMMIGGAL

Ashish_Kumar

Aug 30, 2010
Update:-

This is an update for all the people on the forum who have been facing a similar condition as mine or the people reading this thread for information.
If your LMO has not yet arrived and your WP is about to expire then you can apply for WP through online application or by mail to Vegreville processing centre.

My thanks to IMMIGAL & PMM for their useful information.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=Ashish_Kumar link=topic=52403.msg437836#msg437836 date=1285612923]
Update:-

This is an update for all the people on the forum who have been facing a similar condition as mine or the people reading this thread for information.
If your LMO has not yet arrived and your WP is about to expire then you can apply for WP through online application or by mail to Vegreville processing centre.

My thanks to IMMIGAL & PMM for their useful information.

Not anymore, Vegreville will not process/accept applications without the LMO.

[/quote]