+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration medical exam and vaccine

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
I am sponsoring my partner for an inland immigration. He received an email stating he would have his medical exam.
Also that he would be offered a "non mandatory" covid shot .
Because it's not mandatory could his refusal impact his immigration? He has been inland since spring 2019
Please just looking for knowledgeable advice not a debate .

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am sponsoring my partner for an inland immigration. He received an email stating he would have his medical exam.
Because it's not mandatory could his refusal impact his immigration? He has been inland since spring 2019
Since it's non mandatory, it should be OK.

He also didn't travel out of the country, so I don't see any impact on not taking the shot after his medical exam.

You may want to post at the family sponsorship section. Since this question doesn't have much to do with PR Obligations.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/

Reactions: Jbird

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
Since it's non mandatory, it should be OK.

He also didn't travel out of the country, so I don't see any impact on not taking the shot after his medical exam.

You may want to post at the family sponsorship section. Since this question doesn't have much to do with PR Obligations.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/
We've just heard this from the medical doctor..
" I am writing concerning your covid vaccination status although it is not mandatory for us to provide it in the clinic, they do require a reason as to why you are not vaccinated. There choices are patient refuses or patient has medical expemption. I would STRONGLY suggest you get your vaccination asap as I don't think either of those choices looks very good on the application, but that is just my personal opinion. Let me know which option fits your situation or if you have an appointment to get your vaccine..is there someone who can answer diffinitivly??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We've just heard this from the medical doctor..
" I am writing concerning your covid vaccination status although it is not mandatory for us to provide it in the clinic, they do require a reason as to why you are not vaccinated. There choices are patient refuses or patient has medical expemption. I would STRONGLY suggest you get your vaccination asap as I don't think either of those choices looks very good on the application, but that is just my personal opinion. Let me know which option fits your situation or if you have an appointment to get your vaccine..is there someone who can answer diffinitivly??
"Does not look very good" is not a concrete indication it will be refused, and honestly, I doubt the panel physician has all that much insight into how IRCC works.

That said: want to avoid the possibility of refusal or slow processing on this basis, reduce risk of serious illness, reduce likelihood of transmission, reduce risk of infecting others, and have more convenient access to a range of public facilities? Get vaccinated. It's not that complicated.

Your choice is your choice, doesn't mean it's a good one. Nor that anyone else has to humour you, here or elsewhere.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
It's hard to say if it would impact his application or not. At very least, the argument could be made that vaccinated people have fewer hospitalizations, and since hospitalization costs money it could be further reasoned that an immigrant without a Covid jab poses high risk of cost to government of Canada.
Above is just a speculation, since I don't know what the law and policy in Canada is towards prospective immigrants.
I want to note that this forum is not for prospective immigrants, but for PRs and their residency obligation in Canada.
You may get better answers if you post your question in a relevant forum where people who just applied for PR discuss their cases and requirements they must overcome to land in Canada.

Reactions: Jbird

Jbird

Feb 23, 2019
Thanks it is an inland application...he has resided in Canada since 2019 April I have posted there but I appreciate your invite.

Reactions: jakklondon

Lorinamisca

Nov 21, 2018
Thanks it is an inland application...he has resided in Canada since 2019 April I have posted there but I appreciate your invite.
Hey Jbird. How are you? I was wondering if your husband passed the medicals? They asked the same to my partner and just wanted to check with you. Have a beautiful day and thanks in advance for the answer ❤