+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration medical error, advice?

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
I am in the final stages of my Manitoba PNP immigration application. I was requested to submit a medical exam, and I did so this month. The doctor's office was kind enough to forward the report to me that was sent to CIC electronically.

There's a huge, glaring error. Aside from a generally good report (slightly elevated blood pressure), it has a very wrong BMI and height calculation. The problem came when converting from feet/inches to centimeters. They incorrectly put a much lower number in centimeters.

So, it shows a very high BMI, not accurate, of 43. My normal BMI is 31. The correct numbers are listed, with feet and inches for height, on a later page in the document.

My question is, I've already sent notification of these errors to both Sydney and Ottawa CPC's email. Are there any other steps I can take? Are there any other issues I should be worried about? Would you get rejected because of a medical error of this type for a very high weight even though I'm not that heavy?

For information, I'm a United States native born citizen immigrating to Canada, the office processing is CPC-Ottawa.

Any help is greatly appreciated!