+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration lawyers/companies

vkone

May 28, 2008
Hi ppl, my family and I would very much like to emigrate to Canada from the UK. I am skilled in gas distribution currently working for National Grid Gas. My wife was a restaurant manager before taking time off for the kids.
With the hours I work, we want to use a representative to assist with our application, does anyone have any recommendations or experience?
We started the process with Immigration Unit, but have put that on hold before parting with a large amount of money, as things just don't seem legit.
Any help would be appreciated :)

DaleD

May 29, 2008
With all due respect, I'd like to challenge chau01's comment to save your money and do it yourself. In my opinion, the decision as to whether to go it alone in immigration matters or seek assistance must take into consideration a number of factors.

Firstly, under what method of entry are you seeking to emigrate to Canada? Essentially, there are 2 main methods; the Skilled Worker Entry program or via the Permanent Residency stream. The timeframes for approval and overall complexity are reduced via the Skilled Worker Entry program and one can apply for permanent residency after you arrive on the job. Most provinces in Canada have Provincial Nominee Programs which usually allow for acceleration of your application due to the fact that the province reviews your case, understands local labor market needs and submits a nomination on your behalf to the federal government.

Your decision as to whether to seek assistance must be tempered with your patience and your ability to complete numerous forms and represent yourself effectively. Yes, certainly it is possible to submit your own application. Frankly however, I think that many immigrant candidates will do themselves a disservice to blanketly rule out seeking assistance from a recruiting firm who knows the labour marketplace, local provincial nominee administrators and how to most successfully match immigrants to job positions.

As a recruiter, we provide valuable services to immigrants by maintaining relationships of trust with our provincial employers, matching the skills and experience of candidates to open positions, and facilitating the process of smooth entry and settlement into Canada. If this work on the immigrant's behalf is not seen as deserving of a reasonable fee for service, then by all means, enter into the do-it-yourself mode of entry.

Immigration is a complex topic and process. I would advise those wishing to emigrate to Canada to seek the best advice and consider all the factors that are in play for their unique situations.

vkone

May 28, 2008
Thx DaleD, a well made point. And a position we had discussed. Whilst I am willing to try the DIY method, I have read numerous times that even a simple flaw in an application can cause excessive delays and even failure. This isn't something that we wish to happen.

Does anyone have any experience with reputable companies? By the same process, we also do not want to part with hard earned cash to find we are no nearer to our goal.

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
i also would recommend campbell cohen but there is also an office in UK.
google global visas and then u can speak to them.
They have good consultants also.

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
just letting u know that global visas are a separate office and not affiliated to campbell cohen but u can also go for campbell cohen as i heard they are very good.
Probable in UK money, they charge about only about £900 plus u have to pay all the other fees like landing feel, or the fee while applying for AOR but i think that global visas charge about £1500 excluding VAT.
as i said, its better be safe than sorry.
i also wanted to do it myself but then decided against it as the consultants are most experienced and know their job.
they might charge u, just as for example, when u go to a sollicitor, u know he is doing it right as thats his job .
hope my little explanation helps.
please note am not acting as a marketing agent in any way.
but u can also choose from an extensive list of immigration lawyers .
just type immigration to canada into google and check the results.
thanks
ocanada.

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
All,

With all do respect it's is no abracradaba. Just common sense. Take your time... read it thoroughly, come to this forum to get your answers and you'll see that there is nothing to it. Will save you a lot of money in the end. As for the time you might save...not true since you still need to provide the "consultant" with all the documents. Its your decision but still.

Good luck.

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
Do not hesitate and waist time. Apply by yourself. It is very simple and information about the whole process is available on the werbsite.

Go ahead. Good Luck

kayebee8

Jul 22, 2007
google nexus immigration consulting.good company. helped me come to Canada. e are now a canadoan citizen. They don't charge much.They have payment plan. Hope this helps.

hdomingo

Nov 5, 2007
DaleD said:
With all due respect, I'd like to challenge chau01's comment to save your money and do it yourself. In my opinion, the decision as to whether to go it alone in immigration matters or seek assistance must take into consideration a number of factors.

Firstly, under what method of entry are you seeking to emigrate to Canada? Essentially, there are 2 main methods; the Skilled Worker Entry program or via the Permanent Residency stream. The timeframes for approval and overall complexity are reduced via the Skilled Worker Entry program and one can apply for permanent residency after you arrive on the job. Most provinces in Canada have Provincial Nominee Programs which usually allow for acceleration of your application due to the fact that the province reviews your case, understands local labor market needs and submits a nomination on your behalf to the federal government.

Your decision as to whether to seek assistance must be tempered with your patience and your ability to complete numerous forms and represent yourself effectively. Yes, certainly it is possible to submit your own application. Frankly however, I think that many immigrant candidates will do themselves a disservice to blanketly rule out seeking assistance from a recruiting firm who knows the labour marketplace, local provincial nominee administrators and how to most successfully match immigrants to job positions.

As a recruiter, we provide valuable services to immigrants by maintaining relationships of trust with our provincial employers, matching the skills and experience of candidates to open positions, and facilitating the process of smooth entry and settlement into Canada. If this work on the immigrant's behalf is not seen as deserving of a reasonable fee for service, then by all means, enter into the do-it-yourself mode of entry.

Immigration is a complex topic and process. I would advise those wishing to emigrate to Canada to seek the best advice and consider all the factors that are in play for their unique situations.