+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Lawyer/Consultant for TRP

ciret91

Jan 15, 2020
Hi everyone!

I have a family wedding in Canada this August 2020 but am inadmissible into Canada because I was convicted of a DUI in California in July 2018. I am looking to apply for a temporary resident permit (TRP) to be able to attend my cousin's wedding. To clarify, I am a U.S. citizen living in Los Angeles.

I have completed everything that was asked of me by the court—such as finishing the required programs and classes, paying off the fine, etc. Other than this offense, I have nothing else on my record. I've looked at the checklist and forms to obtain a TRP, but with the wedding coming up, I want to be sure I get it done right.

I am considering hiring an immigration consultant or lawyer to help with this process, but there seems to be a lot of non-legitimate firms or the fees are simply outrageous. Is it worth the money to hire an immigration consultant/lawyer? If so, are there any consultants/lawyers you would recommend, based on your positive experience? And approximately how much was the cost?

Thanks!

Last edited:

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi everyone!

I have a family wedding in Canada this August 2020 but am inadmissible into Canada because I was convicted of a DUI in California in July 2018. I am looking to apply for a temporary resident permit (TRP) to be able to attend my cousin's wedding. To clarify, I am a U.S. citizen living in Los Angeles.

I have completed everything that was asked of me by the court—such as finishing the required programs and classes, paying off the fine, etc. Other than this offense, I have nothing else on my record. I've looked at the checklist and forms to obtain a TRP, but with the wedding coming up, I want to be sure I get it done right.

I am considering hiring an immigration consultant or lawyer to help with this process, but there seems to be a lot of non-legitimate firms or the fees are simply outrageous. Is it worth the money to hire an immigration consultant/lawyer? If so, are there any consultants/lawyers you would recommend, based on your positive experience? And approximately how much was the cost?

Thanks!
Hey, Im sorry about hearing your situation. Well, there are many
immigration consultants out there, and of course, not all of them are the same.

I can suggest you make some research on their websites, gmb reviews and etc.

Good luck,