+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration from uk with children

weimey

Jun 20, 2007
Hi There, We have finally decided that we would like to emmigrate to Nova Scotia from the UK.

However, before we start with the applications etc, wondered if anyone new about the following :-

Myself, husband and my 8 year old daughter are the ones emmigrating. My husband is not Molly's dad by birth, however, he has signed a parental responsibility order so that he has say over her legally. My ex husband has signed a legal form which states that he no longer wishes to see Molly and he is happy for us to emmigrate to Canada.

Would this be sufficent for the immigration services or will there be issues as my husband is not Mollys birth father.??

Just wondered if anyone has been through with their family or someone who know's the legal implications?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Rachel Wallis

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Hi Rachel

I'm not an expert in this field (apart from being a latchkey child of divorced parents), but I did look up The Children Act of 1989. It seems pretty clear that your husband's Parental Responsibility Order is all that was needed. I don't think you'll have any problems. Just include a copy of the order with your application.

TG

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
weimey said:
Hi There, We have finally decided that we would like to emmigrate to Nova Scotia from the UK.

However, before we start with the applications etc, wondered if anyone new about the following :-

Myself, husband and my 8 year old daughter are the ones emmigrating. My husband is not Molly's dad by birth, however, he has signed a parental responsibility order so that he has say over her legally. My ex husband has signed a legal form which states that he no longer wishes to see Molly and he is happy for us to emmigrate to Canada.

Would this be sufficent for the immigration services or will there be issues as my husband is not Mollys birth father.??

Just wondered if anyone has been through with their family or someone who know's the legal implications?

Many thanks in advance for any help

Rachel Wallis
Hi weimey

It seems like you and your husband have the 100% legal custody of your daughter, so you will have no issues

Just make sure to send certified copies of all these documents to CIC, they will request for them anyway

Good luck in your process
Eduardo