+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Fraud - my wife left me a month after arriving...

simcha93

Jun 16, 2010
Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on what to do. My wife arrived from Jamaica and left me after one month. We were arguing a lot because I found out that she was having an affair. The only reason I found out was because I knew she was up to something and I installed spy software on my computer and I found their secret communications.

She gave up on our marriage last year, but continued with the deception so she could come to Canada and then take my money and use it with her lover who is on a work visa to the USA from Jamaica. Pretty evil, eh?

I have evidence of all this. I have called the government and reported her for fraud, though no one has gotten back to me yet. I have heard that the government might revoke her permanent residence status if they find that she did indeed commit fraud.

Does anyone know about situations like these and what I should expect? Or, perhaps you have some other things to share? Perhaps you just have some encouragement? Is there anyone else going through something like this?

Thanks,

Mr. SUcker

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
To the OP:
Collect evidence that your wife committed immigration fraud - a marriage of convenience. Things like the evidence you saw on your computer - emails to her lover, instant messages, whatever. Write an explanation of your relationship to her, how she tricked you, and the evidence you have that she used you just to enter Canada. Send this with the evidence to CIC and Border Services.
CIC and Border Services probably won't care - their reply may just be "You married her, it's your problem and your responsibility." But they might do something about it. In any case you tried.
As well, if you send this evidence in to the government, this means when your wife then tries to sponsor someone else - for eg., her lover - his application will in all likelihood be refused. The sponsor committed immigration fraud to get into Canada, and the sponsor and the new husband were in a relationship before the sponsor entered Canada married to someone else - both these things mean the sponsorship will be rejected. (They may win on appeal, but that's a long wait.)

I know it is very upsetting, but after you have done what you can, try not to obsess about it. Try to move on with your life. I've seen cases where the duped Canadian spouse has spent years arguing with CIC and Border Services about situations like this. Don't let it ruin your life.
Good luck in the future.

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
If she wants to join her lover in the USA, by all means let her! If she is in Canada you will have to support her for three years. If she leaves, it's just abandonment. Try what canadianwoman said though, you may be able to get out of the requirement if you prove that it was fraud. If she did return to Canada within the three years you may still be responsible, but if you prove that she committed a crime, they may remove her from Canada.

I'm sorry that this happened to you.

B

buddhadimple

Halifax-Maple said:
Hi...what a user ID name!...
just to keep a copy
a) What are you on about?
b) I've reported you for -once again- distracting from the forum with your petty and paranoia-based "I know all" attitude towards ANY new members.

and c) (On topic), To the OP, although you have clearly been swindled; good on you for gathering evidence before you got in a big fight and she left because you wouldn't have any evidence if you hadn't have done that. All I can say is I hope this works out for you.

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
buddhadimple said:
a) What are you on about?
b) I've reported you for -once again- distracting from the forum with your petty and paranoia-based "I know all" attitude towards ANY new members.

and c) (On topic), To the OP, although you have clearly been swindled; good on you for gathering evidence before you got in a big fight and she left because you wouldn't have any evidence if you hadn't have done that. All I can say is I hope this works out for you.

uhhh I think maybe you are being paranoid yourself! The way I read that was Halifax-Maple found it interesting and commented so that it would be easier for him/her to come back to the thread at a later date. its really easy to misunderstand things on the web, perhaps a little time out before giving someone a negative is warranted.

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
plumosa said:
uhhh I think maybe you are being paranoid yourself! The way I read that was Halifax-Maple found it interesting and commented so that it would be easier for him/her to come back to the thread at a later date. its really easy to misunderstand things on the web, perhaps a little time out before giving someone a negative is warranted.
Thanks. I actually decided to keep the original copy before any attempt to remove/edit/change. So, if he proved genuine we would continue to support, help and advise or vice versa. Do you think a respected and/or a genuine member would use the name :Mr SUcker. Have we all noticed he posted ONLY once and left.
budhadimple has been known of his/her ODD attitude in the past. He/She has been playing games here and report others in order to cover his/her own attitude.

I

iarblue

Why is it that people judge people on here so much?why is it you just cant put your opinnion down and not go on about others opinnions?ITS just an opinnion.I dont understand it why anyone has to worry about others at all.They post their thread to ask a question give your opinnion and leave it at that.If you dont like somone elses opinnion keep it to yourself, just post your own opinnion,you dont need to coment on someone elses opinnion.
Even if you think their opinnion is wrong or off just a bit,keep it to yourself and post your own opinnion,it is up to the thread poster to inquire more or take your advice.
This is a place for help,not a place to bring out your stress on others.
Just help and keep coments of others to yourself.

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
iarblue said:
Why is it that people judge people on here so much?why is it you just cant put your opinnion down and not go on about others opinnions?ITS just an opinnion.I dont understand it why anyone has to worry about others at all.They post their thread to ask a question give your opinnion and leave it at that.If you dont like somone elses opinnion keep it to yourself, just post your own opinnion,you dont need to coment on someone elses opinnion.
Even if you think their opinnion is wrong or off just a bit,keep it to yourself and post your own opinnion,it is up to the thread poster to inquire more or take your advice.
This is a place for help,not a place to bring out your stress on others.
Just help and keep coments of others to yourself.
Yeah, that is exactly what I did. I gave my advice and opinion. My opinion was/is this: “Mr Sucker cannot be serious or genuine”
Am I entitled to offer my opinion? 8)

I

iarblue

You most certainly are thats what we do here,give opinions.Like i said if others dont like it keep it to themselves and post their opinion but to lash out at someone?With words like thats ridiculous and others,
A little respect goes a long way.