+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Fraud, Marriage of Convenience, Marriage Fraud and Marriage Scam.

usafool

Jan 4, 2009
Re: Marriage Fraud and Marriage Scam. is there a site for USA?

i met a portuguese woman online. after visiting her in portugal in dec 07 she cane back here. i supported her for 11 months. she overstayed her visa waiver by her choice. we were married in las vegas nov 26, 2008 on dec 15, 2008 she ran away, back to portugal. a cellphone she stole from me was used there 2 days later. since dec 19 she is using the website myforeignbride.com to find another fool. she stole money and things of mine and owes me money from an unpaid personal loan. besides attempting to commit fraud on another man she has also failed to register her marriage to me in portugal as required by portuguese law. this woman, silvana guedes sa tinoco, (website id=392958) needs to be known as a scam and a fraud. she is only seeking money. is there a usa site such as this to make a report? we passed through canadian customs/immigration twice while she was here and they have info in their database. she also holds a brasilian passport.

weldfes

Sep 22, 2009
hi idid sponsorship my ex wife in 2000 and after 3 month she ran away because she want only canada not me ana she went to welfare and i did not know, and in 2006 the welfare sent me letter saying i have to pay the money, they gave her. and i called them asking to talk about it ,they said no you need a letter from my ex wife if i want welfare to tlak to me about the money, and i called them many times the samething they ask me .and in 2007 i got merry to other girl ana now i can't sponsor my present wife and i don't have the money to pay them they asking 35,000 dollars ana i can't have the money maybe i well have it from now until 10 years so please any one knows any way i can help my self not to pay the money and if you know where i can go to got help i live in toronto thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is very hard to get out of the sponsorship commitment. If you can prove that your ex-wife committed marriage fraud, you have a chance but it's very hard. She can say she lived with you for 3 months and the relationship just didn't work out. If you can't afford a lawyer, try talking to immigration and the police.

poison_enna64

Oct 5, 2011
Wow! Got this site because i wanted to clarify what marriage for convenience really mean, and this forum showed up... Sorry to hear such things... ---sighed--- i hope my ex-boyfriend whom i met thru internet didn't thought these kinds of things that i might leave him when i get into Canada, because i might really feel bad tho i will understand, because bad people is everywhere and we just have to be smart to recognized them... I really love him, tho i didnt know how it happen, but i do love him for the little span of time that we've been together... these kind of stuff in immigration and embassy made it hard for those person who has a clean intention... its somewhat unfair... that those people with honest and clean intention got really affected and sometime unluckily they are the one who didnt had a chance to get a visa,sponsorship and etc... Well, I'm Proud to say i'm a Filipina who love my Ex-Canadian Boyfriend and for some reason that we cant forced that get the things worst he decided to just broke up with me... But I still want to go wherever He will go... Because I only wanna be with him... Unluckily I didnt got my visa in South Korea where he is working right now, another reason he decided just to live our own life separately...

davidvsp

Oct 22, 2011
Guys im a new here..i was read each topics and comment but i still couldn't get how u guys could get marry before she or he land in Canada?
How come ? Like internet marriage or something? Could somebody explain me ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
davidvsp said:
Guys im a new here..i was read each topics and comment but i still couldn't get how u guys could get marry before she or he land in Canada?
How come ? Like internet marriage or something? Could somebody explain me ?
David, it is possible for people to travel, visit each other and get married during these visits.

davidvsp said:
And one more thing, is here anybody can provide immigration service?
Try this guy: http://www.canadavisa.com/

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
thaiguy said:
DF, your suggestion would result in pseudo-slavery for immigrant wives/husbands. That and it's simply too huge a burden for the vast majority of immigrants.

It sounds like you've made some mistakes in your choices of partners and you're trying to take it out on the immigrant community.

Grow up.
[/quot
So why do we not accept the converse logic, that the applicant will have to leave Canada if -- in the passage of time -- his/her actions show that the visa was indeed a main reason to marry all along?

I don't follow your reasoning , Thaiguy.

The underlying principle of spousal PR visas is that the happy couple unites in Canada in order to be together, not apart. Other secondary benefits (such as an improved standard of living, cleaner air, better brand-name clothes, fresher oranges, or whatever) may accrue too, but CIC does not consider them to be legitimate reasons to get a PR visa. In fact, if these secondary reasons DO appear to be important motivators to the applicant who is applying for a PR visa, CIC often denies the visa application.

So, then, these secondary benefits should not be used to argue that the applicant should stay in Canada when the relationship (the only legitimate basis for granting a PR visa in the first place) has ceased to exist (within a reasonable probationary period).

If the relationship fails and the applicant is going to have to leave Canada, where is the slavery? The applicant does not have to tolerate abuse because he/she is leaving the country.

The only reason to stick around and tolerate abuse is if the applicant wants the PR visa above all else, and as argued above this is not a legitimate basis for a PR visa application, nor therefore a justification for staying in Canada if the relationship fails.

There may be extenuating circumstances where CIC might not require the applicant to return to the home country (like a new child born to the unhappy couple in Canada), but these could be dealt with as exceptions to the principle.

But if we accept as principle that once in Canada the applicant has the unfettered right to stay in Canada no matter what happens to the relationship, then VOs have a much harder job – assessing applications with almost 100% certainty -- and this takes a lot of time.

(I say this because this is the most apparent reason why CIC takes so long to process PR applications. However, elsewhere in this thread we have several stories about applicants who lied in their applications, and so it is clear that CIC’s checking leaves much to be desired. And even where these misrepresentations are brought to CIC’s attention, CIC apparently does nothing. So, I am mystified about what takes so long to process applications.)

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
davidvsp said:
And one more thing, is here anybody can provide immigration service?
Look up rjessome in this forum. SHe seems good.

davidvsp

Oct 22, 2011
Leon said:
David, it is possible for people to travel, visit each other and get married during these visits.
Thx..u meant that they could get married outside of U.S. Or Canada? Like get marry in EU etc

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
davidvsp said:
Hi thx.. but how do i can contact her? There is any e-mail shown. Do u have any contacts of her?
Either send her a private message or post a new message with her name in the title. She may notice it.

davidvsp said:
Thx..u meant that they could get married outside of U.S. Or Canada? Like get marry in EU etc
Yes. There is no obligation for Canada immigration that you must have been married in Canada or in the US. You could have married in pretty much any country in the world where it is possible to get married and it would also be valid.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Re: Immigration Fraud, Marriage of Convenience, Marriage Fraud and Marriage Scam

watsonwoo said:
Hi Gilipsie:

I called Immigration Numerous times. There is a process where they could investigate and have my spouse deported.
She would have to have done a crime before our marriage then when Immigration finds out, she could be deported.
Otherwise, Immigration feels it is ok to wear me out until I am exhausted then I would quit and divorce after 3 years.
Immigration shuffles me aside and tells me that this is a marriage breakdown.
There are LOTS and lots of victims like me. Many who just sit back and wait. But I chose to fight back, to uphold justice.

Immigration so far have not gone after her.
Thanks
Really?!! I thought that simply lying in the application was sufficient to get a PR deported. It must be a crime?

And, several people in this thread have said that they told CIC about such lies/misrepresentations, and CIC says they can do nothing. Is this true in Law, or just CIC being lazy or ineffectual?

Thaiguy says the occurrence of lies in applications helps explain why CIC takes so long assessing applications. but it seems they don't do a very good job in some cases. Clearly we need a different system.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Immigration Fraud, Marriage of Convenience, Marriage Fraud and Marriage Scam

toby said:
Really?!! I thought that simply lying in the application was sufficient to get a PR deported. It must be a crime?
First off, you replied to a post since 2007 and I do believe they are cracking down more now than they were then. Second, did the spouse of that guy lie on her application? Could it be proven that she lied? If there is no proof that she lied, there is no misrepresentation. She can say that she was in love with him but as she arrived, he treated her badly and she left him.

There was one woman on this forum who claimed to have had her ex deported because of a lie. He had also left her and she knew of a period of 2 months in his background history where he was unemployed but had written that he had attended a school because he thought it looked better. She asked for an investigation into that lie and he was deported because of it. This woman worked for immigration herself though, maybe not in the proper office to deport him but in any case, her request for an investigation may have had more weight than your average joe.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011

Leon said:
In the case of a woman having married a man she thought she loved, waited for immigration to go through, come to Canada possibly with a child or two from a prior relationship, maybe lived here for a couple of years trying to make it work with the abusive husband, she's got a job already, her kids settled in school here, you would say to her, I know you were defrauded, I know you completely upset your and your childrens lifes to come here and ended up getting abused but since it didn't work out, you can go home now, thank you very much? I don't think that's very fair either. And the man can turn around and do it to another woman.

If there was a law that she had to stay with you for 2 years to get the PR, would you have preferred that if she would have? Do you think you would have been less heart broken if you had what you thought was a good marriage for 2 years and then as soon as she gets the permanent green card, she leaves? It's just something that is very hard for the law to deal with.
Leon: There are two different types of PR: the one who lands and within a short time abandons the relationship; and the one who makes a life in Canada in the relationship for a few years, but then must leave the relationship (for whatever reason).

It is the first type for which anti-gold-digger laws exist in other countries. Canada should follow suit. And where the PR has lied in the application, there should be no question: deportation. Why should Canada condone such lying and cheating, just because the PR got away with cheating long enough to land? Deportation after landing should be an option too.

The second type may deserve more leniency.