+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration file closed for not sending documents!!!

redouane142

Apr 16, 2014
Hello everyone.

Please help. We just call to ask about our file which they received in december 2012. They told us the case was closed since we didn't respond to their request to send additional documents which they mailed us on september 2013. WE DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY CORRESPONDENCE FROM THE IMMIGRATION AT ALL. We didn't move out of our address either. So what do we have to do? we paid so much money ( language tests, fees to apply...) to have everything gone to waste. Plus we waited all this time to hear this bad news. Please advise us on what to do please. By the way we applied to Quebec and we contacted the office in Montreal ( 285 Rue notre dame....) Please help

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
redouane142 said:
Hello everyone.

Please help. We just call to ask about our file which they received in december 2012. They told us the case was closed since we didn't respond to their request to send additional documents which they mailed us on september 2013. WE DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY CORRESPONDENCE FROM THE IMMIGRATION AT ALL. We didn't move out of our address either. So what do we have to do? we paid so much money ( language tests, fees to apply...) to have everything gone to waste. Plus we waited all this time to hear this bad news. Please advise us on what to do please. By the way we applied to Quebec and we contacted the office in Montreal ( 285 Rue notre dame....) Please help
Unless you can prove that they either didn't send the request, or that the information that they have for your address is incorrect, I don't see much hope. It's really your word against theirs... Order your GCMS notes to find out what was done, and you can also check the details they have on file for you.

redouane142

Apr 16, 2014
Thank you for your quick response. I wonder how i could prove anything. I don't think i can prove if they sent it or not since i never received anything. will the GCMS notes have anything that can help? I hope so. I am really lost. I paid so much money and spend so much time to be in this situation.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
redouane142 said:
Thank you for your quick response. I wonder how i could prove anything. I don't think i can prove if they sent it or not since i never received anything. will the GCMS notes have anything that can help? I hope so. I am really lost. I paid so much money and spend so much time to be in this situation.
The GCMS notes should contain a complete history of your application, including details of where and when they sent requests to you. If you can see the wrong street or email address in your notes, you may have a case for requesting them to reopen the file. CIC have been known to make errors with address information.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
You can request with proof that you didnt get any corrospondance or you have missed it. so request to start process again take help of experienced lawyer.

redouane142 said:
Hello everyone.

smueller

Apr 17, 2012
I recommend that you go to an immigration attorney for a free consultation. When I first came to Canada I tried to do my own paper work and it seemed very difficult, but I did it anyway. Because I ended my marriage I had to withdraw my application well into the process and start all over and as time passed I overstayed my visa. When I went out to find an immigration attorney, I had quotes from $12,000 to 7,000 to $ 3,000. I hired the firm that charged me $ 3000 plus they do free consultations. My paper work with a new sponsor was filed May 2, 2013. I received 1st. stage of approval on Jan 27 and my open work permit yesterday.
Best of luck to you.

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
Don't worry at all same thing happen to me just send them email and post saying you missed the letter and request them to give you a chance again stating that you are really intrested and spend soo much of time and money to get this thing done you will be asked to re submit the updated doc best of luck

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
Pls request your Visa office to reopen your file and you would be through.

Similar case is quoted below

MAILTEJ said:
Dear Forum Members.........I would like to share my Canada visa story:

Background and Learnings:

My wife had applied in 2006 through one of the consultants operating under moveandmigrate @ gmail.com based in Dubai, UAE.
i dont want to take his name in public forum. He cheated and misguided her..firstly by providing wrong assessment of points
and then not providing copy of replies from the CIC about updates on her application..as all CIC communication were sent to his PO BOX.
.In 2010 my wife received rejection letter from CIC and she was devastated with the news.
And then like all other cheat consultants he didnt take responsibility for it and disappeared completely.
Infact he told her that her experience and education is not upto the mark, which made her believe that Canada
is looking only for highly qualified and highly educated immigrants, which was not the fact.
She was devastated as she was extremely keen to move to Canada and give a new beginning to her life.

I hate such unprofessionals and cheats who play with people's life and dreams just to make few bucks.

New beginnings:
Me and my wife got married in 2010. However, i knew her since 2008. I knew about her canada application...but i didnt
know much details about her application story. After marriage she told me how she was given false hopes for almost
4 years and how it affected her.
Hence, in 2012 i decided to apply to make her dreams true. Honestly i was not keen myself. But, i wanted to make it happen for her.

But, unfortunately as you all know in 2012 FSWP applications were put on hold. And i finally got the opportunity to apply in 2013.
However, the one year gap helped me prepare my application and documents. And i keenly followed all the updates from CIC, especially
from canadavisa.com which was immensely helpful.

Below are timelines for our 2013 application:

1. Courier send from Dubai - 5th May 2013 for FSWP NOC 2174
2. Courier received at CIC -9th May 2013
3. DD Encashed - 24 June 2013
4. PER Received - 2nd July 2013

5. Email from Ottawa Office confirming receipt of my application and
requesting clarification additional documents clarifying current place of residence - 24th Sep 2013
(THIS EMAIL WENT TO JUNK / SPAM AND IT NEVER CAME TO MY NOTICE. ??? ??? ???.

6. APPLICATION REJECTED BY OTTAWA OFFICE DUE TO NO RESPONSE WITHIN 60 DAYS - 4th Dec 2013
EMAIL CAME TO MY INBOX AND I WAS DEVASTATED :-[ :-[ AND ALL THIS WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR
MY EMAILS IN MY INBOX )

7. I SENT EMAIL TO OTTAWA OFFICE REQUESTING TO REOPEN THE FILE - 5TH DEC 2013

8. APPLICATION RE-OPENED BY OTTAWA OFFICE - 5TH DEC 2013 ;D ;D ;D
( I WAS SURPRISED TO RECEIVE THEIR REPLY WITHIN FEW HOURS AND WITHIN SAME DAY.)

9. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS AND CLARIFICATION SUBMITTED TO OTTAWA OFFICE - 16TH DEC

10. REQUEST FOR MEDICALS / RPRF / PCC - 19TH JAN 2014

11. MEDICALS AND RPRF SUBMITTED - 26TH JAN 2014

12. PCC SUBMITTED - 27TH JAN 2014

13. REQUEST FOR PASSPORT BY OTTAWA OFFICE - 7TH MARCH

14. EMAIL SENT TO OTTAWA OFFICE TO ASSIGN ALTERNATIVE OFFICE FOR PASSPORT SUBMISSION, SINCE
OTTAWA OFFICE RETURNS PASSPORT ONLY WITHIN USA AND CANADA. - 7TH MARCH

15. OTTAWA OFFICE ASSIGNED ABU DHABI OFFICE FOR PASSPORT SUBMISSION - 12TH MARCH 2014

16. PASSPORTS SUBMITTED TO ABU DHABI OFFICE - 19TH MARCH 2014

17. PASSPORTS RECEIVED FROM ABU DHABI OFFICE WITH MAPLE LEAF - 27TH MARCH 2014
:) :) :) :) :) :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

NOW ME AND MY WIFE ARE VERY HAPPY WITH FAST PROCESSING OF OUR FILE BY CIC...

MY WISHES AND BEST OF LUCK FOR ALL APPLICANTS !!!

SPECIAL THANKS TO ISLANDBABE FOR STARTING THIS WONDERFUL FORUM AND ALL SENIOR MEMBERS WHO HELPED
ME...I AM SHORT OF WORDS TO THANK THEM FOR THE AMAZING WORK THEY ARE DOING...

GOD BLESS CANADAVISA.COM