+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Doctor

dr.sunny

Feb 20, 2011
Hello good people!
I'm still a medical student in Poland. This year I'll graduate. I would like to do my specialization in Canada. I know that I need to take MCCEE exam. Do I need any other exams? How can I find a residency programme?? Is it very difficult to get one? As much as I read, already specialized doctor have lots difficulties to work in their fields... I dont have any specialization, I would like to do it in Canada, so pls tell me what's the best way to follow. Thanks very much for any infos, cheers!!!

dkbzns

Mar 29, 2012
If you need an MCCEE reviewer complete with toronto notes 2011 and 2010, Ultimate review for the MCCEE audio lectures, MCCEE Q bank, pre test series, please feel free to email me at medebooks4sale@gmail.com

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
You need to clear all the exams, and then wait to be picked for residency. One of the MOST difficult system to get into, not to mention time consuming and needs a lotta $$$$ if you wanna sit and study for exams.

Changes are coming as well, July 2012 (at least that is what is being said).... Keep your fingers crossed.

Regards

dkbzns

Mar 29, 2012
devilhimselff said:
You need to clear all the exams, and then wait to be picked for residency. One of the MOST difficult system to get into, not to mention time consuming and needs a lotta $$$$ if you wanna sit and study for exams.

Changes are coming as well, July 2012 (at least that is what is being said).... Keep your fingers crossed.

Regards
Any news as to what specific changes are being considered? Also I heard, you can be picked for residency as long as you choose the outer/farther provinces, as there is less competition. That is from hearsay...

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
dkbzns said:
Any news as to what specific changes are being considered? Also I heard, you can be picked for residency as long as you choose the outer/farther provinces, as there is less competition. That is from hearsay...
One thing that is going to be implemented is Credential Assessment, not a big deal if you have gone through a accredited university...No one knows what other changes.

You should give it a shot, I always believe in trying.... It is always a better option than never trying.

D

deva

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1154844--trading-stethoscope-for-broom?bn=1

“Federal budget 2012: Skilled immigrants urge investments into talents already in Canada”
Nicholas Keung, Immigration Reporter;
Published On Sat Mar 31 2012

“Every evening after dinner, Naseem Ahmed Pasha would don his dress pants and dress shirt, and say goodbye to his three boys, telling them he was leaving for work in hospital.

By the time Pasha, a family doctor from India, got to his worksite, he would change into his uniform, the uniform of a security guard, for his 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. shift at a Toronto condominium – for $8.50 an hour.

Before Pasha arrived Canada in 2006 under the skilled immigrant program, he was confident he would soon be able to use his skills and contribute to this country in a meaningful way.

After all, he has a medical degree from India’s University of Mysore and practiced medicines first in India and then in Saudi Arabia for 15 years. In his two years as a security guard here, he studied and passed all the qualifying exams and had his credentials certified.
Yet today, instead of treating patients and curing diseases, Pasha is sweeping floors and lifting heavy merchandise at a Toronto home improvement hardware store on survival wages.

“It’s a very tough pill to swallow,” said the 44-year-old, choking back tears. “I wasn’t prepared for this kind of jobs. But coming here, you have to survive and put bread on the table.

“I didn’t tell my kids because I come from a culture where being a doctor is an honourable and noble profession. Now my status has dropped, doing blue-collar jobs. It would have a bad impact on my kids.”
There are many highly educated and skilled immigrants like Pasha who have their skills wasted and look for Ottawa’s investment in the talents already here.

Of all the professions, physicians are probably the most highly regarded but also among the internationally-trained immigrants most likely to fail to get back into their field of training. (A Statistics Canada study found that 60 per cent of new immigrants failed to work in the same field.)”