+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration consultants

CanadaNS

Feb 16, 2016
Not all immigration lawyers/consultants are bad or take advantage of people. I think the best thing to do is shop around and find one that you find comfortable with and read reviews online to see if people have had good experiences with them or if you know a friend who may have gone through the same thing can refer you to one. Also, do your research if they are legit or not. There are many who claim to be legit but are not. If you find one that you can trust and feel comfortable with then I think the fees they will charge you are worth it.

canesmemoire

Feb 8, 2016
thank you so much for the advice. I'll try to do it on my own and if I encounter some unclear topic as I go my app, hope you guys be there to guide me again.. Thanks

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alidykeman said:
My husband is Canadian , who will sponsor me , I'm from Philippines.
Then main reason why didn't meet any close friends and family, I got refused visit visa then we got married in Hong Kong which we can't afford to bring any relative to attend.

Thank you for all helpful advice!
There are a lot of couples with big age gap. 24 years from a man sponsoring a woman from Philippines is not that uncommon. What you need is a good cover letter explaining your story in details as to how you met, how your relationship developed and why some "expected" events of your relationship could not have happened the way they were expected. Add to this supporting evidence ,such as visa refusal letters, etc. Add support letters from friends and relatives, especially if there are some friends in Canada - include their contact details so CIC can phone them if they wanted to. Then the regular, pictures, chats/etc what checklist states. Fill and check your forms many times, ask any questions here and most importantly, do NOT use any representative, do it all by yourself, adding a 3rd party will just add more confusion and take out some control of your application. Good luck and don't worry, you will be fine.

Ivandrea7

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
29-01-2016 SA -Started Processing 02-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
mirjana.Ilija said:
Go to your local Settlement and newcommers office some areas have them i used one in hamilton ontario they help fill it out for free i belive just google it and see whats available for newcommers to canada and you just need your SIN card
I used a consultant as well in Hamilton, it was an extra set of eyes with the few mistakes that I made in the application.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Its ok if you don't want to get one, BUT - It all depends on what type of Consultant you hire.

Lawyer and consultants are different. Hence the fees should be different too. You don't need a lawyer unless there is something illegal in your case history.

i did and i can tell you that mine was amazing. No delays.

My OWP was among the first ones,

No missing forms issue, NO documentation request after submission, NO resubmission of updated forms, NO picture issues, NO delays. No repetition on medical and all this Turned into easy processing without any delays.

And that,s what you want - NO delays and complete information. The documents he made me send to CIC were no where to be found on the websites, but they worked.

You just have to pick a good consultant. Yes u dont need a lawyer but a consultant is good as they do this all year around.

If any ones interested, send me a message and i can share his name.

Reactions: Shay30

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
sashali78 said:
There are a lot of couples with big age gap. 24 years from a man sponsoring a woman from Philippines is not that uncommon. What you need is a good cover letter explaining your story in details as to how you met, how your relationship developed and why some "expected" events of your relationship could not have happened the way they were expected. Add to this supporting evidence ,such as visa refusal letters, etc. Add support letters from friends and relatives, especially if there are some friends in Canada - include their contact details so CIC can phone them if they wanted to. Then the regular, pictures, chats/etc what checklist states. Fill and check your forms many times, ask any questions here and most importantly, do NOT use any representative, do it all by yourself, adding a 3rd party will just add more confusion and take out some control of your application. Good luck and don't worry, you will be fine.
thank you for this positive comment.
as for providing support letters. i don't any friends or family in canada except my husband there. gonna provide our authenticated report of marriage, advisory of marriage. i will add my husband as beneficiary to my investment insurance then a joint account here if its possible. to get renewed passport with my husband name.it's a our personal choice to renew first.
we will hire lawyer in BC to check our application/papers if its good enough or still need more work. we just don't want to have any interview, appeal more worst refusal.

Shay30

Jun 3, 2018
Its ok if you don't want to get one, BUT - It all depends on what type of Consultant you hire.

Lawyer and consultants are different. Hence the fees should be different too. You don't need a lawyer unless there is something illegal in your case history.

i did and i can tell you that mine was amazing. No delays.

My OWP was among the first ones,

No missing forms issue, NO documentation request after submission, NO resubmission of updated forms, NO picture issues, NO delays. No repetition on medical and all this Turned into easy processing without any delays.

And that,s what you want - NO delays and complete information. The documents he made me send to CIC were no where to be found on the websites, but they worked.

You just have to pick a good consultant. Yes u dont need a lawyer but a consultant is good as they do this all year around.

If any ones interested, send me a message and i can share his name.
Hello,

I'm interested in which consultant you used. An extra set eyes and advice would be much appreciated.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
Hi, I wanted to chime in here. We used a consultant and he was incredible. He had all the accreditation from the CIC and knew exactly what we needed to do. He gave us great advice and a more detailed list of what the CIC wanted in the application. It also ensured that we didn't fill out the form incorrectly. Nothing was sent back and our application was completed and my partner landed exactly 5 months after the application received. I think the important thing is to do your research and read reviews, ask questions, and avoid anyone who is not honest or upfront about the process.The best part of having a consultant was asking questions when we were feeling anxious.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Shay30

Shay30

Jun 3, 2018
Hi, I wanted to chime in here. We used a consultant and he was incredible. He had all the accreditation from the CIC and knew exactly what we needed to do. He gave us great advice and a more detailed list of what the CIC wanted in the application. It also ensured that we didn't fill out the form incorrectly. Nothing was sent back and our application was completed and my partner landed exactly 5 months after the application received. I think the important thing is to do your research and read reviews, ask questions, and avoid anyone who is not honest or upfront about the process.The best part of having a consultant was asking questions when we were feeling anxious.

Hope this helps.
Would you be able to provide your consultants information? I'm currently looking for one.

Reactions: canuser