+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration consultant selected wrong NOC for one my jobs. Received ITA in the latest draw.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
I have had four jobs in the last 4 years. Of these my first job should have had NOC 2283 while the remaining three should have had NOC 2174 as per my duties. However my immigration consultant selected NOC 2173 for my first job and NOC 2174 for my remaining three jobs. I received my ITA yesterday in the October 15th draw and I am not sure what to do. I had about 7 months of experience in my first job and even if I do not count that experience I would have gotten my ITA. Could someone please help me as to what should I do in this regard ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I have had four jobs in the last 4 years. Of these my first job should have had NOC 2283 while the remaining three should have had NOC 2174 as per my duties. However my immigration consultant selected NOC 2173 for my first job and NOC 2174 for my remaining three jobs. I received my ITA yesterday in the October 15th draw and I am not sure what to do. I had about 7 months of experience in my first job and even if I do not count that experience I would have gotten my ITA. Could someone please help me as to what should I do in this regard ?
If you're sure your duties don't match, your application will most likely be rejected.
In that case, decline ITA, get back in the pool and change your NOC.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
Thanks @Peacekeeper87, should I continue using the same profile or create a new one. I ask this because the NOC changes would be visible in my current profile. Based on my current score I would most likely get an ITA even if I created a new profile altogether.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks @Peacekeeper87, should I continue using the same profile or create a new one. I ask this because the NOC changes would be visible in my current profile. Based on my current score I would most likely get an ITA even if I created a new profile altogether.
No you can continue with current profile, and declining ITA won't affect it in anyway.
If you have a good score, just decline to be safe, change NOC and wait for next ITA.
To avoid any headaches, remove any work experiences for which you're not gaining crucial points, and put them in personal history.

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
No you can continue with current profile, and declining ITA won't affect it in anyway.
If you have a good score, just decline to be safe, change NOC and wait for next ITA.
To avoid any headaches, remove any work experiences for which you're not gaining crucial points, and put them in personal history.
Thanks a lot !!

Mystiquee

Mar 15, 2018
Hi
Please I need clarification. If I have a degree in biochemistry but my work experience is in business administration, will that be a problem?