+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Consultant Fees

haddyxx

May 9, 2014
Hey all, quick question... My immigration consultant that I've been talking to for months now wants $2,000CAD to assist me in applying for a study permit after I received an exclusion order a year ago. Is this reasonable or am I being completely ripped off if I agree?

Thanks!

Elmaddin

Jun 11, 2013
hi haddyxx,

where are you? in which city?
I contacted few immigration lawyer/consultant and they asked for 2500 CAD + tax.
I took the appointment and even for appointment they charged me

haddyxx

May 9, 2014
Elmaddin said:
hi haddyxx,

where are you? in which city?
I contacted few immigration lawyer/consultant and they asked for 2500 CAD + tax.
I took the appointment and even for appointment they charged me
hey, im not in canada im in cyprus right now. but the consultant is in kelowna, bc. he doesnt have a set fee it seems like hes just pulled it out of thin air. he did say i can do a payment plan but i dont know what/how he would help me do anything differently...so confused!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is he guaranteeing your approval?

If your exclusion order expires soon, why do you even need the consultant (or anyone) to apply for your study permit?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your exclusion order expires soon, why do you even need the consultant (or anyone) to apply for your study permit?
Maybe because this time haddyxx 's application should not be only true and correct but PERFECT? Lookong on his background...

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
No one should guarantee your approval
Split fee / payment on stage completion isn't unusual
You should be issued a contract to read over before sending any money. This will clearly outline costs (there will likely be a clause stating additional costs can be billed such as courier fees, stamps etc).
Also make sure the consultant is registered via official channels as cic will only deal with registered individuals

haddyxx

May 9, 2014
Thanks for the responses!

No he isnt guaranteeing anything, he is registered, he seems to want $500 upfront to help me get the departure certificate that I was never given when I left. But would do the rest on a payment plan. I've sent an application to CIC myself to request it as I don't think it's even needed. I may be completely misinterpreting the CIC website but I dont think so...
Otherwise I feel like with the support I have that I could do the application on my own. I just dont want to say no to him and then regret it...