+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Consultant - Calgary

eric44

Aug 8, 2019
Hello,

I will be preparing a spousal sponsorship application in January (as this is when we will be getting married). My partner is from Brazil and will be coming to Canada.

I was wondering if anyone has used immigration consultants in the Calgary area, what there experiences have been, what the approximate costs were and what the scope of services that they executed was. I am considering getting an immigration consultant to help with parts, or all, of this application.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

eric44

Aug 8, 2019
Just google peter w.wong
Thank you. Do you have experience using him and it was positive? If so, what did you have him help with (i.e. review of completed application, assembly of application, general consultation advice, etc...)?

Thanks again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I will be preparing a spousal sponsorship application in January (as this is when we will be getting married). My partner is from Brazil and will be coming to Canada.

I was wondering if anyone has used immigration consultants in the Calgary area, what there experiences have been, what the approximate costs were and what the scope of services that they executed was. I am considering getting an immigration consultant to help with parts, or all, of this application.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
We generally recommend staying away from immigration consultants. Too many bad experiences here where significant errors have been made which caused big problems with applications.

If you want help, go with a reputable immigration lawyer. Expect to pay somewhere in the range of $3-5K.

Johnnycash17

Star Member
Mar 31, 2019
I have a lawyer if you need..he is really good. He did all my paper work..though him i got updates every months... send in the app in dec 21 and now my wife is waiting to get her passport back...if you need his phone number let me know

eric44

Aug 8, 2019
We generally recommend staying away from immigration consultants. Too many bad experiences here where significant errors have been made which caused big problems with applications.

If you want help, go with a reputable immigration lawyer. Expect to pay somewhere in the range of $3-5K.
Thank you for the information it is very much appreciated.

eric44

Aug 8, 2019
I have a lawyer if you need..he is really good. He did all my paper work..though him i got updates every months... send in the app in dec 21 and now my wife is waiting to get her passport back...if you need his phone number let me know
Thank you very much and yes if you could share his information that would be greatly appreciated. By waiting for her passport back to you mean the PR has essentially been approved? Do you mind sharing approximate costs of these services?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Really, it isn’t that hard to do. The consultant is essentially going to have to ask you the same questions the forms ask. There’s no real advantage, as long as your careful and review the forms. Loads of help available here on the forum. Seriously consider saving yourself the money and do it yourself.

eric44

Aug 8, 2019
Really, it isn’t that hard to do. The consultant is essentially going to have to ask you the same questions the forms ask. There’s no real advantage, as long as your careful and review the forms. Loads of help available here on the forum. Seriously consider saving yourself the money and do it yourself.
Thanks for the input and yes I agree the consultation is very expensive. I am just evaluating the options at this point, but am definitely leaning towards the option of doing it all myself and leveraging the knowledge of this forum. Thanks again.