+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration : Baby Born in U.S before landing(first entry) into Canada

khaidrah

Nov 28, 2006
USA
Hello, I recently got my passport stamped with canadian skilled immigration visa and decided to land in canada(first entry) before my wife delivered the baby. But unfortunately she delivered her baby 2 weeks earlier than her due date and now the immigration authorities are saying that because my immigration status is now changed and that they need a family medical approval, so they said my immigration visa is no longer valid and asked me to return the confirmation forms back to them. And said if i still want to go to canada, then i must file a new application again from the beginning with a new processing fee and that my case may be considered as a priority case. They said once i return the confimatrion forms back to them, they will refund the landing fee. Please guide me. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

khaidrah said:
Hello, I recently got my passport stamped with canadian skilled immigration visa and decided to land in canada(first entry) before my wife delivered the baby. But unfortunately she delivered her baby 2 weeks earlier than her due date and now the immigration authorities are saying that because my immigration status is now changed and that they need a family medical approval, so they said my immigration visa is no longer valid and asked me to return the confirmation forms back to them. And said if i still want to go to canada, then i must file a new application again from the beginning with a new processing fee and that my case may be considered as a priority case. They said once i return the confimatrion forms back to them, they will refund the landing fee. Please guide me. Thanks.
You don't have a choice. Follow the instructions that CHC gave you.

PMM

khaidrah

Nov 28, 2006
USA
Thanks. Couple of minutes ago one of my friends send me this weblink that says the same as you said, there is no choice.

http://www.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/visas/faq_imm-en.asp#after

nagra007

Jun 18, 2011

Hello

Kindly inform have you taken your baby along with you??

Has his passport stamped....

what is the status of the same as my wife has also delivered the baby after VISA stamped..

Kindly help & reply

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a common problem. If you got the visa before the baby was born, you can not use the visa after the baby was born.

Because of this, if your wife is some months pregnant when you get the passport request and it doesn't look good for you to be able to land before the baby is born, then do not send the passports but instead tell the visa office about the pregnancy and ask for more time.

nagra007

Jun 18, 2011
Hello,

We already got the VISA, and the passports came back. :-X

Kindly advise, how to enter the baby after its birth..... we are expecting a baby in July 1st week... :-\

Regards
Simrat

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Notify the visa office that you will need to add the baby. When the baby is born, fill out all the forms that will change because the baby will need to be entered. Add the immigration fee for the baby, I believe it is $150. Send all this to the visa office. The baby will also need a passport. You should get that as soon as you can. You will also need to send your own passports back to the visa office because after the baby is born, your visas are invalid.