+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMMIGRATING TO CANADA ON EXPIRED BI/B2 VISA

Sep 12, 2018
Hi,
I have been undocumented in the US for 13 months now. I came into the US legally on a B1/B2 tourist visa. I left my country (Nigeria) under the pressures of an unbearable abusive relationship and marriage from the same man of 17years. I tried to seel Asylum here at some point but my attorney said i was too late as asylum applications on the basis of domestic violence had been stopped. I am here with three of my kids 11years and below. I have no criminal record of any kind.
I have been in the express entry pool for about a year now on a score of 409. But have used my time in the US to register for and acquire a postgraduate diploma which will help improve my chances to be invited to apply.

I have two questions;
1. Do I possibly stand a chance to be considered for PR irrespective of my undocumented status here in the US?
2. Can I apply for a police certificate here in the US without implicating myself or without getting picked up by ICE?

I would appreciate a response.

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,
I have been undocumented in the US for 13 months now. I came into the US legally on a B1/B2 tourist visa. I left my country (Nigeria) under the pressures of an unbearable abusive relationship and marriage from the same man of 17years. I tried to seel Asylum here at some point but my attorney said i was too late as asylum applications on the basis of domestic violence had been stopped. I am here with three of my kids 11years and below. I have no criminal record of any kind.
I have been in the express entry pool for about a year now on a score of 409. But have used my time in the US to register for and acquire a postgraduate diploma which will help improve my chances to be invited to apply.

I have two questions;
1. Do I possibly stand a chance to be considered for PR irrespective of my undocumented status here in the US?
2. Can I apply for a police certificate here in the US without implicating myself or without getting picked up by ICE?

Thank you.
1) Yes, if you are eligible and meet the CRS requirements.
2) You will have to apply for US PCC/Equivalent. I don't think that you have any choice in the matter, in order to apply for PR.

Reactions: Amazingqwinbee

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Hi,

I have two questions;

Thank you.
1) Yes, if you have entered the US legally it is perfectly fine to apply for EE however you are not eligible for most PNP programs while in the US. You will have to be able to get a direct ITA without any provincial support.

2) Applying for a police certificate in any country is in itself not prima facie evidence that you have lived or stayed in that country for any given period of time. The FBI does not know that you are going to use it for Canadian immigration purposes and therefore cannot deduce the fact that you have lived in the US for six months in a row, and even so having held a B1/B2 visa allows one to spend such a period of time in the US anyways. If you want to completely cover the fact from the FBI then a simple solution would be to indicate a return address that is outside of the US on your application if you have one.

Reactions: Amazingqwinbee

dharmee

Sep 25, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have two questions;

Thank you.
Hello, i am in a similar situation and I will like to know how things turned out...
Looking forward to your reply