+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating My Mother to Canada

consfused

May 10, 2012
Dear All,
Greetings..
I am fortunate to have come across this site while searching for information on net. This site is a great place to get advise & help.
I with my family, all Canadian Nationals, returned from Canada to Tanga to look after my sick father,his business and also my only depressed brother. My father and brother passed away few years back. Now I want to return back to Canada with my family and widowed mother.
My 80 year old mother has no one to look after her. not for a single day. I cannot leave her alone in Tanga, I must take her with me. Without her, I cannot go to Canada.
For me it is going to be like re-settling in Canada after 10 years.However, I hold update Canadian professional registration,credit cards & empty but active bank account.
I wrote my case to Nairobi office requesting a special kind of visa based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds for my mother. I mentioned to them that it would be re-settling for me in Canada and I sent them print-out of expected salary in my profession. I also sent them copies of my professional registartion and expertise in my field.I received email from them giving me link to Super Visa. I wrote to them again mentioning that I am not in Canada but am in Tanzania and would like to move to Canada together with my mother. Immigration office replied that I should get client fill out Temporary Resident Visa form.
I need to know should I apply for super visa ? I have no employment there but will have no problem in getting one since I have 6 yrs of Canadian experience plus hold current Canadian professional registration. But also I feel I am not eligible under super visa ?
Medical Insurance I searched web covers in emergencies only. My mother has day to day medical expenses, so need a kind of medical insurance that covers her from a-z.
Sensing from my case, Will my mother get visa ? Please give me advise & guidance as what to do now? I have no brother or sister or family that can look after my mother if I leave.My children miss quality Canadian education because they have to live with me here,and I cannot leave my old widowed mother behind. I am like lone person in this world.

Please help.

Bashir

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To qualify to apply for a super visa for your mother, you must meet LICO. This means that you must be able to show that you make enough income through a job to support yourself, your family and your mother in Canada.

To determine what your LICO amount is count up the number of people in your family here (i.e. yourself, your spouse, your children, any other dependents) and then add 1 for your mother - then look at this table:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables

To qualify, one of the things your mother must prove is that she has ties to her home country and won't overstay the super visa. She must also pass a medical.

You are correct that most medical insurance only covers emergencies. If you want medical insurance that will cover her day to day medication - then this insurance will be extremely expensive and you are probably better off paying for this medication out of your own pocket.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Assalam u alaikum Bashir,

First of all I would appreciate what you are doing. Don't be dishearted you are doing something great by taking care of your mother so GOD will for sure help you.

I am not sure if you would apply for super visa or you can since Super visa since the requirement is to have minimum income required and they are asking Notice of assessment or T4 to prove it. But the most important thing is to have income level. So, you have nothing to loose if you apply, it is better than nothing based on options you have. The only other option is to sponsor once parent sponsorship opens up after Dec 2013. But this is too far.
You can apply for super visa if you have enough income, you can go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables to find out that.

For medical insurance. It is expensive. I got for my father who is 82 for $3317 for 1 year with $1000 deductible from Menulife. But it does not cover pre-existing conditions. With pre-existing coverage I thing it is about $5000 with $1000 deductible. (Deductible is the amount not covered by insurance company incase you file a claim. e.g.: if your mother go to hospital and the bill is $1500, then insurance is only going to cover $500. And if the bill is $1000 or less then the insurance will not cover anything. Note: this is if the sickness is covered by the policy like it is not pre-existing condition).

If you need any other information, you can always send me message directly in my inbox.

I will pray for you. wasalam

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
sthaeem said:
Assalam u alaikum Bashir,

First of all I would appreciate what you are doing. Don't be dishearted you are doing something great by taking care of your mother so GOD will for sure help you.

I am not sure if you would apply for super visa or you can since Super visa since the requirement is to have minimum income required and they are asking Notice of assessment or T4 to prove it. But the most important thing is to have income level. So, you have nothing to loose if you apply, it is better than nothing based on options you have. The only other option is to sponsor once parent sponsorship opens up after Dec 2013. But this is too far.
You can apply for super visa if you have enough income, you can go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables to find out that.

For medical insurance. It is expensive. I got for my father who is 82 for $3317 for 1 year with $1000 deductible from Menulife. But it does not cover pre-existing conditions. With pre-existing coverage I thing it is about $5000 with $1000 deductible. (Deductible is the amount not covered by insurance company incase you file a claim. e.g.: if your mother go to hospital and the bill is $1500, then insurance is only going to cover $500. And if the bill is $1000 or less then the insurance will not cover anything. Note: this is if the sickness is covered by the policy like it is not pre-existing condition).

If you need any other information, you can always send me message directly in my inbox.

I will pray for you. wasalam
Just curious , what would be premium if you opt in for low deductible like $ 200 instead of 1000.

Do that cover visit to Dr (GP) as well.

How much it cost in Ca for visit to Dr if we want to pay for parent medical ?

It's shame for Canada that even emergency medical care is not provided to Parents of Immigrents who visit them.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Aquib said:
Just curious , what would be premium if you opt in for low deductible like $ 200 instead of 1000.

Do that cover visit to Dr (GP) as well.

How much it cost in Ca for visit to Dr if we want to pay for parent medical ?

It's shame for Canada that even emergency medical care is not provided to Parents of Immigrents who visit them.
You can try it from the following website:
http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/parent-and-grandparent-super-visa-health-insurance?gclid=CPr6-K-I_K8CFWwDQAodmVZCzg

It covers doctor visit as long as it is not pre-existing conditions unless your policy covers pre-existing conditions.

Cost of doctor visit depends on clinic and city. I have seen 35, 60, 69, 89. So, there is no hard rule here but most clinics would tell you if you call.

I think it is NOT shame that Canada doesn't cover emergency medical care. Medical in Canada is funded by taxes paid by people living here. It is not fair to utilies the services for a foreigner specially when emergency medical is usually in tens of thousands of dollars.

Do you know of any country where visitors are covered for emergency medical care? I haven't seen any. US for example doesn't even cover its citizens. Everyone needs to have medical insurance.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
UK cover all emmergencey service for anyone .

If someone even visiting got some emergencey then he can go to Accident and Emergencey.
There they dont ask till your treatment is finish , even expensive operation , that you entitled for free medical or not .
Once all done and you tell that u visitor then they billed your travel insurance co , if they pay its fine or if its didnt qualify to pay due to pre ext condition that fine .

I have seen last winter one of friend mother got some heart problem and she was in hospital for 6 day , travel insurance decline to pay saying thats pre existing condition. And thats all , they didnt back charged her or my friend .

Also i have seen parent of several friend got registered in GP surgary or NHS dentist. Surgery not always ask for visa for registration.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Aquib said:
UK cover all emmergencey service for anyone .

If someone even visiting got some emergencey then he can go to Accident and Emergencey.
There they dont ask till your treatment is finish , even expensive operation , that you entitled for free medical or not .
Once all done and you tell that u visitor then they billed your travel insurance co , if they pay its fine or if its didnt qualify to pay due to pre ext condition that fine .

I have seen last winter one of friend mother got some heart problem and she was in hospital for 6 day , travel insurance decline to pay saying thats pre existing condition. And thats all , they didnt back charged her or my friend .

Also i have seen parent of several friend got registered in GP surgary or NHS dentist. Surgery not always ask for visa for registration.
But then Hospital will send you bill and you have to pay this. Most people choose not to pay since its not going to effect them for visit. It is SAME in Canada. Hospitals in Canada will treat you and later send you a bill, but if you are Canadian PR or citizen then provincial health covers that bill.

This practice of not paying is not good. It is a loan on you and you are choosing not to pay. The bill can be sometimes $30000, $40000 and is very hard to pay thats why there is emergency medical insurance to cover these huge bills.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Yup in short our own country can never care too pay that for Us, I heard that most of European country who got recoprocal agreement with Ca will even pay such bill on behalf of there citizen .

consfused

May 10, 2012
Dear All,

Many thanks for your replies.

Walaikum Salaam Br Sthaeem.Thank you for your warm & encouraging words.

Where I am at lost is i had written twice to CHC that for me it would be like resettling in Canada,and that I will be looking for job after my arrival in Canada,yet they are directing me to super visa website. I also mentioned to them that without my mother with me I cannot go anywhere. They don't say more other then direct me to super visa site.Does that mean they will consider my mother's application ?

What else to do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - they are not considering your mother's application. Your mother does not qualify for H&C since she is not in Canada.

They are instructing you to apply for a super visa for your mother once you reach Canada and have established yourself sufficiently (i.e. have a job that allows you to meet the minimum income requirements to sponsor your mother through a super visa).

You cannot apply for a super visa for your mother until you are back in Canada and have a job.

If you want your mother to come with you to Canada (i.e. go at the same time), then she should apply for a TRV (temporary resident visa). To qualify for a TRV, your mother will have to show strong ties to her home country and demonstrate that she has no plans to remain in Canada long term.

If her TRV is refused, then you will face the difficult choice of either leaving her behind in her home country while you relocate to Canada - or abandoning your plans to resettle in Canada and remaining with your mother in her home country.

consfused

May 10, 2012
scylla said:
No - they are not considering your mother's application. Your mother does not qualify for H&C since she is not in Canada.

They are instructing you to apply for a super visa for your mother once you reach Canada and have established yourself sufficiently (i.e. have a job that allows you to meet the minimum income requirements to sponsor your mother through a super visa).

You cannot apply for a super visa for your mother until you are back in Canada and have a job.

If you want your mother to come with you to Canada (i.e. go at the same time), then she should apply for a TRV (temporary resident visa). To qualify for a TRV, your mother will have to show strong ties to her home country and demonstrate that she has no plans to remain in Canada long term.

If her TRV is refused, then you will face the difficult choice of either leaving her behind in her home country while you relocate to Canada - or abandoning your plans to resettle in Canada and remaining with your mother in her home country.
Thank you scylla for your input. If that is the case then I have to look for another country to immmigrate with my mother together. The quality of life is bad in Africa :-(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.