+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigrating as a Nurse from India ?

0001buddies

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Brampton,ON
How to immigrate as a nurse with a GNM or B.Sc in Nursing in any province from India with minimum experience of 1 year (Using programs such as Express Entry, PNP, or LMIA)?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How to immigrate as a nurse with a GNM or B.Sc in Nursing in any province from India with minimum experience of 1 year (Using programs such as Express Entry, PNP, or LMIA)?
First - Are you eligible for Express Entry based on age, education (ECA), language, experience and funds?
Are you licensed to work as a nurse in Canada through NNAS and then you have your provincial license? If not, research that.

PNP - research what provinces you are eligible for without a license.

LMIA only an option if you get a job offer and employer cannot find anyone in Canada qualified.. If you are not licensed as a nurse then LMIA is not really an option.

Reactions: 0001buddies

0001buddies

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Brampton,ON
First - Are you eligible for Express Entry based on age, education (ECA), language, experience and funds?
Are you licensed to work as a nurse in Canada through NNAS and then you have your provincial license? If not, research that.

PNP - research what provinces you are eligible for without a license.

LMIA only an option if you get a job offer and employer cannot find anyone in Canada qualified.. If you are not licensed as a nurse then LMIA is not really an option.
Do I need a license from the province or from Canada if I apply under Express Entry?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do I need a license from the province or from Canada if I apply under Express Entry?
immigration and getting a license to practice are two different things. Well, with a license, then you could get a job as a nurse.
some people can immigrate based on their education and age and language skill but won't be able to practice. And if that's not what you want, research on getting lincese from the province you intend to immigrate to.

0001buddies

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Brampton,ON
You can immigrate through Express Entry without being licensed. You cannot work in nursing until you are licensed. Do you have an EE profile? What is your score?
Actually I am helping my friend her CRS 324 and Could you please recommend a specific NOC (33102, 31302) for NURSE from India for us?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Age 24
Never Married
Bachelor Degree B.sc Nursing (4years) India
1 year work Experience (Indian) as a Nurse
Clb 7 (ielts)
No siblings in Canada
So you have ECA for degree. Get another two years of experience and your score will be much higher. In the meantime, start the NNAS process and see if you can become licensed in Canada.

0001buddies

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Brampton,ON
So you have ECA for degree. Get another two years of experience and your score will be much higher. In the meantime, start the NNAS process and see if you can become licensed in Canada.
don't have ECA yet can you please suggest us any assessment body ?and Could you please recommend a specific NOC (33102, 31302) for NURSE from India for us?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
don't have ECA yet can you please suggest us any assessment body ?and Could you please recommend a specific NOC (33102, 31302) for NURSE from India for us?
Go on the IRCC site for the list for your ECA. WES is the most common. You match job responsibilities to the NOC. 31302 is nurse practitioners with a masters degree. What are your IELTS bands? First you need to see if you are even eligible for EE with your selection score of at least 67. Selection score grid is on the EE website too.

0001buddies

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Brampton,ON
Go on the IRCC site for the list for your ECA. WES is the most common. You match job responsibilities to the NOC. 31302 is nurse practitioners with a masters degree. What are your IELTS bands? First you need to see if you are even eligible for EE with your selection score of at least 67. Selection score grid is on the EE website too.
But she doesn't have a master's degree; she has a B.Sc. in Nursing (4 years). So, do you think she qualifies under NOC 31302? Thanks in advance