+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigraion problems from cic

MD81

Sep 19, 2011
Hi there im from the UK, ive been living with my fiance in canada for the last 10 months. In feb she bought a new house which had just been built and we moved in there and as it was new there was and still is no mailbox yet. My temporary visitor visa was due to expire at the end of march and i applied for an extension before the visa was up. After it was done the asked me for extra documents like the stamp of arrival in my passport which i sent to them before any of the deadlines. Recently i recived a letter dated from the 19th of April that had been "found" at the post office and never given to my fiance every few days when she had been in checking the mail. The letter is dated the 19th of april, 2 weeks after i had submitted the last of the paper work they had asked for saying my application had been refused due to me not providing the stamp in my passport, which i had done within the timeline and i have verified from my CiC account. The letter states that within 90 days i must reply to it, but that time has passed as i only recieved it yesterday. Long winded this i know!

The other issues are i sent my old passport for renewal as it was due to expire at the end of july, so i am currently in limbo with no passport and no valid visa due to this screw up, i cannot get through to cic to speak to someone online and i have had to get the mayor of red deers assistant to investigate on my behalf.Do you have any idea where i stand as i dont want to leave my fiance and her kid.

Ive also been offered a skilled worker job here but it is taking so long due to the labour market time, ive been supporting myself through savings and inheritance that i have but i brought most of that as cash when i came here as i dont have a bank account in canda.

Does anyone have any idea what i should do.
Thanks

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There isn't much you can do now without your passport. Once you receive it would be best to leave and contact the Canadian visa office in the UK to explain your case. You may be required to obtain a visa before you go back to Canada. I doubt you can appeal the refusal of extension.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You have until July 19th, so you are still within the 90 day period. Hopefully, you get your passport back by then. If you provided the stamp and have proof, provide it and request reconsideration. Also explain the mailbox issue and save the envelope the letter came in because it may have the date they gave it to you which is additional proof.