+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immediate Sponsorship

iceage1111111

May 28, 2022
Hello,

My parent is in one of the European country, and he applied for asylum (Because there was no option to stay there). And He has a well-founded fear of persecution in our home country. But he has chronic illness, psychological report and some medical drugs. He is in hardship, cannot speak the local language, and there is no relative or friends in there. I am in Canada with my brother (waiting PR). We would like to sponsor him, and researching the opportunities. But everyday we're getting bad news for resettlement. What should I do? How can we sponsor or bring to him?
I talked with lawyers, but the timeline is really long (around 2 years), and there is no certain decision.
Every comment is important for us, please help us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My parent is in one of the European country, and he applied for asylum (Because there was no option to stay there). And He has a well-founded fear of persecution in our home country. But he has chronic illness, psychological report and some medical drugs. He is in hardship, cannot speak the local language, and there is no relative or friends in there. I am in Canada with my brother (waiting PR). We would like to sponsor him, and researching the opportunities. But everyday we're getting bad news for resettlement. What should I do? How can we sponsor or bring to him?
I talked with lawyers, but the timeline is really long (around 2 years), and there is no certain decision.
Are either you or your brother PRs yet? It's not clear if one of you is already a PR and the other is waiting. Or if both of you are waiting for PR.

If one of you is a PR, then there are some options (although none are fast).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

If you are PR, then you can apply when it opens in 2021 the PGP program to sponsor your parents. You must meet LICO for the past 3 years. It is based on lottery and some people wait many years to be sponsored. Your parent needs to pass a medical and not be medically inadmissible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

If neither you nor your brother are PRs, there may still be the option of Group of Five sponsorship for your father. (However this will still take 2-3 years.)

If your father has been recognized as a refugee by UNHCR in the country where he is living now and you know Canadian PRs or citizens in Canada who would be willing to support him financially, then the Group of Five program may be an option. The Canadian PR / citizen will need to find four others who are willing to act as co-sponsors. More information here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/groups-five.html

iceage1111111

May 28, 2022
Me and my brother don't have PR yet (It is in progress, waiting the AOR). There is no any UNCHR organization in my parent's country location, because of that he couldn't apply for international refugee. I think my parent's illnesses are not dangerous for public safety, medical inadmissibility. @scylla @Naturgrl

iceage1111111

May 28, 2022
What do you think about H&C application and SAH Holders as private sponsorship? Which SAH organizations are support us for my parent's resettlement ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Me and my brother don't have PR yet (It is in progress, waiting the AOR). There is no any UNCHR organization in my parent's country location, because of that he couldn't apply for international refugee. I think my parent's illnesses are not dangerous for public safety, medical inadmissibility. @scylla @Naturgrl
In that case their options are pretty limited. If they can get TRVs, then they can travel to Canada and claim refugee status here directly. However I think this will be extremely difficult given their status and the fact you have claimed asylum here.

The other option is one that is years away unfortunately. That's to wait until you or your brother are PRs and then to be selected as sponsors through the parent / grandparent lottery which would allow you to sponsor them for PR.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What do you think about H&C application and SAH Holders as private sponsorship? Which SAH organizations are support us for my parent's resettlement ?
H& C is only an option if they are in Canada. If he claimed asylum in another country and living there, then a TRV will be difficult.

SAH is possible (but takes years) but you need to find a Group of 5 of citizens in Canada to sponsor, and they need to meet income requirements and be open to supporting your children.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada/private-sponsorship-program/groups-five.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
H&C is only possible if they are physically in Canada. So that's not an option if they are outside of Canada.

I don't know which SAHs are accepting sponsorships right now. You will need to reach out to specific organizations to ask.