+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immediate family members (parents) travelling to Toronto in one week

Hello54321

Jul 25, 2020
My parents are travelling from Lahore to Toronto via Turkish airlines. Both my brother and I are permanent residents, not passport holders yet. Based on the latest guidelines on the CIC website, they should be allowed to enter.

I am just confirming, any other PR from Pakistan whose parents/family came to Canada since covid related restrictions started?

What documents do they need to carry with them?

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes they can enter as long as they have a quarantine plan where they are either living separated from you in an AirBnB or a basement suite or you all quarantine together and nobody leaves the house for 14 days.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Personal experience. My mother was allowed to enter with her TRV. We had a quarantine plan for her which was staying in our home with us. My spouse and I had asked our employers to give us letters proving that we are currently both working from home 100% until the end of the year at the least.

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personal experience. My mother was allowed to enter with her TRV. We had a quarantine plan for her which was staying in our home with us. My spouse and I had asked our employers to give us letters proving that we are currently both working from home 100% until the end of the year at the least.
Hi Jddd,
From which Airport did your mother take the flight to Canada? I am concerned about Delhi Airport. Not sure if they are allowing TRV holders (parents) to board or not.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi Jddd,
From which Airport did your mother take the flight to Canada? I am concerned about Delhi Airport. Not sure if they are allowing TRV holders (parents) to board or not.
Not Delhi airport so I unfortunately cannot say if your airport will allow it. I just commented to state that there were no issues in entering Canada.

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
My parents are travelling from Lahore to Toronto via Turkish airlines. Both my brother and I are permanent residents, not passport holders yet. Based on the latest guidelines on the CIC website, they should be allowed to enter.

I am just confirming, any other PR from Pakistan whose parents/family came to Canada since covid related restrictions started?

What documents do they need to carry with them?

Thanks
I know people who have travelled multiple times from the states as being parents of PRs/Citizens.
Your parents have the right to come, however, I would ask them to remind the officers at checkpoints that they are allowed with a printed paper of the IRCC website page that states that!

Because officers are still doing their best not to admit anyone. This happened to one person coming by car from the US, since they didn't argue, the officer simply sent them back!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I know people who have travelled multiple times from the states as being parents of PRs/Citizens.
Your parents have the right to come, however, I would ask them to remind the officers at checkpoints that they are allowed with a printed paper of the IRCC website page that states that!

Because officers are still doing their best not to admit anyone. This happened to one person coming by car from the US, since they didn't argue, the officer simply sent them back!
Not sure how comparing crossing the US/Canada border with someone travelling from Lahore can possibly be the same thing other than both involve CBSA

For a start they will need to be able to demonstrate to the airline checkin in their home country that they are genuine immediate family members authorised to travel and also possibly to CBSA at the POE plus of course will be asked about an isolation plan.

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Not sure how comparing crossing the US/Canada border with someone travelling from Lahore can possibly be the same thing other than both involve CBSA

For a start they will need to be able to demonstrate to the airline checkin in their home country that they are genuine immediate family members authorised to travel and also possibly to CBSA at the POE plus of course will be asked about an isolation plan.
The last time i checked there were no special privileges for USA citizens... plus I only mentioned that one person was returned at the border... whereas other people are still traveling by plane... so why is the comparison so bothersome? None sense...

As for the demonstration of the relationship, that’s another story. The OP asked whether they would be able to travel. I said yes, people are traveling even from USA, which btw is being seen very negatively from Canadians and I would say even CBSA...

And to confirm OP, one lady I know just came from Pak as parent of citizen from Multan... so don’t worry. Just have the docs super ready!

- get proof of relationship
- print of the IRCC page showing that they are exempt
- quarantine plan 14 days (give a solid plan, ask CBSA for unofficial confirmation by phone)
- tell your parents that when asked reason of visit, they should say: “we are traveling under the exemption from travel restrictions in place from June 09, 2020” and show the paper with the exemption on it!

Last edited: