+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immediate Family members after spouse and kids for Express Entry

Matt987

Jul 25, 2017
Hi All,

I have filled in information for My dependents - (Wife and Kid) but under the Family Details section Do I have to mention the details of my siblings and parents? or Do I just say no and move on?

The express entry application is for only my wife and kid.

Thanks in advance to all the great and wise people for their answers!

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
Hi All,

I have filled in information for My dependents - (Wife and Kid) but under the Family Details section Do I have to mention the details of my siblings and parents? or Do I just say no and move on?

Just your spouse and kids.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi All,

Wait, it depends! To which screen/part of the form are you referring? In the eAPR questionnaire (the form you fill out post-ITA), there's a Family Information section where it asks you to list all immediate family members who you haven't already mentioned in your application. Under this section, you need to include parents and siblings (I think it supports the background check process). And if you don't list them, people have reported that, if in the future you try to sponsor your parents or siblings to come to Canada, you won't be able to...

Reactions: Itsgps

Matt987

Jul 25, 2017
Wait, it depends! To which screen/part of the form are you referring? In the eAPR questionnaire (the form you fill out post-ITA), there's a Family Information section where it asks you to list all immediate family members who you haven't already mentioned in your application. Under this section, you need to include parents and siblings (I think it supports the background check process). And if you don't list them, people have reported that, if in the future you try to sponsor your parents or siblings to come to Canada, you won't be able to...
Thank you, Yes this is on the eAPR under Primary Applicant's Personal Details -> Family.

I'll go back and edit the eAPR now.

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
My bad , man. I had read that family means just ur spouse/partner/ dependent children. Didn't mean to mislead at all. Glad you got the right help. Sorry

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Your spouse and children are dependents. Immediate family members are your parents and siblings. Be cool and fill the details. Good Luck.

Itsgps

Oct 25, 2020
reading it after so many years and glad that you saved someone ..kudos !!