+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm5710 help (pgwp related)

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
hello, i have a question regarding imm5710 please. In the employment section, it says on the CIC website that information in this section is not required for PGWP applicants. Should I still fill the section in regardless? or I don't have to?

If I do, I have another question. My current job will sponsor me for immigration after graduation, and I am not trying to leave it, because I have to stop working right after the final grades have been released. Can I take an unpaid leave from the job and state in the section that I finished working there the day the final grades came out, and then come back later after I have applied for a PGWP?

Thanks

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
hello, i have a question regarding imm5710 please. In the employment section, it says on the CIC website that information in this section is not required for PGWP applicants. Should I still fill the section in regardless? or I don't have to?

If I do, I have another question. My current job will sponsor me for immigration after graduation, and I am not trying to leave it, because I have to stop working right after the final grades have been released. Can I take an unpaid leave from the job and state in the section that I finished working there the day the final grades came out, and then come back later after I have applied for a PGWP?

Thanks
If you want to be safe, talk to your company and explain your immigration predicament. Ask them if you could temporarily “quit” while you sort out your temporary status and come back as soon as you are legally able to do so. If you just stop working and be on unpaid leave, your ROE would show you didn’t stop working since you are just on leave. Others may correct me or offer other suggestions.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
If you want to be safe, talk to your company and explain your immigration predicament. Ask them if you could temporarily “quit” while you sort out your temporary status and come back as soon as you are legally able to do so. If you just stop working and be on unpaid leave, your ROE would show you didn’t stop working since you are just on leave. Others may correct me or offer other suggestions.
IRCC doesn't even have access for my ROE, do they? (Regardless, I am trying to remain lawful)

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
IRCC doesn't even have access for my ROE, do they? (Regardless, I am trying to remain lawful)
Like I said, if you want to be safe. Decision is still yours. IRCC may no have immediate access to your ROE. But what if they want to verify your information? Just my two cents.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
Like I said, if you want to be safe. Decision is still yours. IRCC may no have immediate access to your ROE. But what if they want to verify your information? Just my two cents.
I get it, yeah. I have another question if you don't mind, do I even have to list my employment for the last 10 years?

Employment (Work/Occupation)
For co-op and post-graduation work permit applicants: information in this section are not required.

Copied this from the cic website

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I get it, yeah. I have another question if you don't mind, do I even have to list my employment for the last 10 years?

Employment (Work/Occupation)
For co-op and post-graduation work permit applicants: information in this section are not required.

Copied this from the cic website
I did in my PGWP application. I even included my part-time jobs at Walmarts and Tim Hortons. Although it’s not required as per the form. I’d rather provide information upfront rather than submit a webform latter on. There’s no harm in including them (I did get my approval, even my PGWP extension). But that’s just me.

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
I did in my PGWP application. I even included my part-time jobs at Walmarts and Tim Hortons. Although it’s not required as per the form. I’d rather provide information upfront rather than submit a webform latter on. There’s no harm in including them (I did get my approval, even my PGWP extension). But that’s just me.
thank you so much for your help

Reactions: rogelcorral

pearonasking

Sep 21, 2019

Thanks
Hi, I don't know if you'll see this but I am in the similar situation. I also have a job offer for me after graduation.
Can I ask if you continued working part-time after graduation? I think I read somewhere (correct me if I am wrong) that you can work part-time until you receive your grades, and then full-time when you apply for pgwp?