+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Imm5669e: what should i answer if my csq application was rejected 3 yrs ago?

BernyGee

Oct 22, 2019
Dears and dear @legalfalcon

I received in jan 2016 a rejection letter through my consultant of the CSQ application, because i submitted a scanned document that was requested to be an original signed one.
Furthermore, my kids were once refused a tourist visa to the UK because they needed their birth certificate along their application to prove that they are my kids...

Anyways i am now under process of an ITA that I received earlier, and i am concerned in the requested form imm5669e question 6d: if i or the principal applicant or family members ever were refused a visa or....... should i answer yes?if yes, Do i need to provide explanation or documentation? Will it have any negative impact on the process or decision of my ita application?

Thanks a lot i appreciate it!!
Bern

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You should declare these rejections. You will need to explain them, much as you have above.

If you declare and explain them, they will not negatively impact your ITA.

BernyGee

Oct 22, 2019
You should declare these rejections. You will need to explain them, much as you have above.

If you declare and explain them, they will not negatively impact your ITA.
Thank you for the reply.

This should be declared on both seperate forms dedicated for each, the main applicant (me) and my wife? I mean not just the form dedicated for me.

Only writing an explanation below that section will do? Without any attachments?

Thx again

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You only declare the rejections if they were experienced by the person on the form who is asked the question. You don't need to declare your kids objections, for example.

BernyGee

Oct 22, 2019
You only declare the rejections if they were experienced by the person on the form who is asked the question. You don't need to declare your kids objections, for example.
Thank you for the reply,

But the question states: "have you,or,if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever:
d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a CSQ or application to the provincial nominee program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country or territory?

Reading it again, i believe that the rejections (csq + tourist visas) should be only declared on my own form, no need to be declared on my wife's form.

Do you agree?

Thx

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
All rejections need to be told and marked YES and explained. Rejections include CSQ refusal and visa refusal by other countries as well.

If rejections are told and explained honestly, it will not impact your PR application.