+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm5669e - Personal history for PA question

DonnieD

Mar 10, 2021
I am currently with my wife in the Philippines and will be here till June 5th until I fly back to Canada. However under the personal history the last entry that we have entered is unemployed for my wife as I've been in the Philippines for 6 months and got married, honeymoon and lived together.
I was curious if its better for me to add a more current date ahead of time for my wife from when our current rent here in the Philippines ends on June 23rd and write that she is job searching. The signature will be dated for her on May 25th, 2022.
So does it look better for her application if the final entry is for July 2022 for her job searching as 6 months unemployment for her while we lived together might look bad. Am I overthinking?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Don't bother, just tell the truth as of day you sign the form. If you want to include a short letter saying she plans to return to work, fine, but it's a spousal sponsorship and likely won't matter at all.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am currently with my wife in the Philippines and will be here till June 5th until I fly back to Canada. However under the personal history the last entry that we have entered is unemployed for my wife as I've been in the Philippines for 6 months and got married, honeymoon and lived together.
I was curious if its better for me to add a more current date ahead of time for my wife from when our current rent here in the Philippines ends on June 23rd and write that she is job searching. The signature will be dated for her on May 25th, 2022.
So does it look better for her application if the final entry is for July 2022 for her job searching as 6 months unemployment for her while we lived together might look bad. Am I overthinking?
Your wife is the applicant, her work history doesn't play much role in the approval of her being sponsored.
The personal history form should only have entries of "historic" information. Something in the future is not part of her history.

As suggested, just put down the current facts and if you are concern, write a letter to explain the situation.