+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5669 VERY STUPID MISTAKE - Re-apply or Submit webform?

24xlucid

Apr 15, 2024
Hello! Hope everyone is doing great, Me and my wife are applying for the inland Spousal Sponsorship I have made a very stupid mistake and left ''personal history" empty and I forgot to mention I have been refused a visitor visa to the US before on the IMM5669 section of the online portal. I have the original IMM5669 pdf completely filled out already and I don't know what to do if should withdraw my application and reapply or do it through webform and submit my IMM5669.pdf and an explanation letter on why did I rejected on a visitor visa to the US?

Thank you very much!

sooup1212

Star Member
May 6, 2023
you can try submitting through webform, but you can't guarantee that your application wont get returned. regardless, would be better for you if it did get returned because you forgetting to mention the refusal could lead to misrepresentation (which is a bigger issue)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello! Hope everyone is doing great, Me and my wife are applying for the inland Spousal Sponsorship I have made a very stupid mistake and left ''personal history" empty and I forgot to mention I have been refused a visitor visa to the US before on the IMM5669 section of the online portal. I have the original IMM5669 pdf completely filled out already and I don't know what to do if should withdraw my application and reapply or do it through webform and submit my IMM5669.pdf and an explanation letter on why did I rejected on a visitor visa to the US?

Thank you very much!
Are you sponsoring your wife or are you the PA. It not clear which way it is from your post.
Also you posted your question in EE section as well. Are you applying via EE? This is confusing.

Either way submit the correction via webform and write a letter of explanation. Make sure that IRCC knows that it was just an oversight.