+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5669 Errors

FilCanCouple

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Hello,

I made an honest mistake and negligence on my part when filing the IMM5669 Schedule A form. I ticked No for the question "have been refused visitor visa in any other country." I should have ticked "Yes" because I got refusal visa two years ago. I also made a few typographical errors on education and personal history sections for date details.

I already sent them an email regarding my mistakes. I sent them an updated IMM5669 form and my letter of explanation to Manila as my application is already there since 4 months. Shall I also send a Case Enquiry using the CIC webform?

Anyone experience the same issue? Am I in big trouble? It was an honest mistake as I misunderstood the question.

I also checked my processing update and it stated "Background Check in processing". What does BC consist of? How long does it take?

Hoping for your response and insights.

Best regards

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
If your bgc is in progress, then the are still processing your application abd not returning it. Bgc can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a year (if your out in ss (security screening) the average process time for an application is 12 months

FilCanCouple

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
If your bgc is in progress, then the are still processing your application abd not returning it. Bgc can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a year (if your out in ss (security screening) the average process time for an application is 12 months
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question. Will the visa officer be very particular with the dates in my educational and personal details on IMM5669? I am getting really paranoid and worried. Some of the dates were estimation and approximation because I forgot exact dates.

Thank you for your inputs. Appreciate it.

Reactions: shalenabennie

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question. Will the visa officer be very particular with the dates in my educational and personal details on IMM5669? I am getting really paranoid and worried. Some of the dates were estimation and approximation because I forgot exact dates.

Thank you for your inputs. Appreciate it.
Just get as close as possible Pretty much all of my addresses were approximate lol. I moved alot with my family. I actually had to Google some of the postal codes. Some of the addresses I listed didn't even have house numbers! Their pretty good about this stuff, just do the best you can

FilCanCouple

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Just get as close as possible Pretty much all of my addresses were approximate lol. I moved alot with my family. I actually had to Google some of the postal codes. Some of the addresses I listed didn't even have house numbers! Their pretty good about this stuff, just do the best you can
Thank you! I'm not good at remembering dates.:D

Terri&Elyas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
Interview........
08-03-2017
Hello,

I made an honest mistake and negligence on my part when filing the IMM5669 Schedule A form. I ticked No for the question "have been refused visitor visa in any other country." I should have ticked "Yes" because I got refusal visa two years ago. I also made a few typographical errors on education and personal history sections for date details.

I already sent them an email regarding my mistakes. I sent them an updated IMM5669 form and my letter of explanation to Manila as my application is already there since 4 months. Shall I also send a Case Enquiry using the CIC webform?

Anyone experience the same issue? Am I in big trouble? It was an honest mistake as I misunderstood the question.

I also checked my processing update and it stated "Background Check in processing". What does BC consist of? How long does it take?

Best regards
Hi. Did you get update on the mistake? We did the exact same thing. We won our sppeal and now worried we get refused for this mistake.
I sent a web form explaining it was a mistake with the screenshot of the form we sent.

FilCanCouple

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Hi. Did you get update on the mistake? We did the exact same thing. We won our sppeal and now worried we get refused for this mistake.
I sent a web form explaining it was a mistake with the screenshot of the form we sent.
Hello! I sent them the corrections through our VO's email. They did not send an acknowledgement or comment regarding the errors. I already received my COPR. Do not worry about it. As long as you sent them an explanation.

Regards

dtenchavez

Star Member
May 20, 2019
App. Filed.......
June 21
Hey everyone! We made a mistake signing the form IMM669. We only did a hand written signaturee!!! Now I am worried.

Mahrafff

Oct 9, 2019
Hello,

Best regards
Hello,

Best regards
Hi, would you please let me know what happened
Hello,

Best regards
Hi, I have made the same mistake.
Would you please let me know how did it go with your case? That would be a great help.

NaumanK

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Dubai
Hello,

Best regards
Pls pls advise
What happened with your case
I did the same mistake

ArshBajwa

May 27, 2021
hi there , i made a mistake in my imm 5669e, i did spelling mistake in my mother name what should i do i can not send a web form because i did not received aor yet.

Hailemike

Sep 22, 2020
I got same problem guys, I need advise. I made an honest mistake and forgot to disclose a visitor visa rejection of USA.
The IRCC officer asked me letter of Explanation for not disclosing my refusal on IMM5669.
What Shall I do ?

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I got same problem guys, I need advise. I made an honest mistake and forgot to disclose a visitor visa rejection of USA.
The IRCC officer asked me letter of Explanation for not disclosing my refusal on IMM5669.
What Shall I do ?
hello, Please explain them that it was an honest mistake and you forgot about mentioning that and explain about your US refusal to them now

Hailemike

Sep 22, 2020
hello, Please explain them that it was an honest mistake and you forgot about mentioning that and explain about your US refusal to them now
Thank you for your advise @parmeet Parmeet. I will exactly be honest with them.

The good part is I ticked Yes for the visa refusal question and I have already mentioned that I was rejected by Canada for Visitor visa. The problem I didn't include or Added my USA refusal.

I hope they would be easy on me right ? No other complications.