+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5669/eIMM5669 Question #4 Criminal Offence

Jul 31, 2019
Hello,

The question I am having trouble with is #4.

"Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever:

b) been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?"

My husband's (principal applicant) father has been convicted of multiple felonies and has been in jail.

Do I need to include details of that or is it just family members as in spouse and dependent children? I do not want to seem to be hiding any details on this application and do not want the application to get returned due to incorrectly filing it out!

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

The question I am having trouble with is #4.

"Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada ever:

b) been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?"

My husband's (principal applicant) father has been convicted of multiple felonies and has been in jail.

Do I need to include details of that or is it just family members as in spouse and dependent children? I do not want to seem to be hiding any details on this application and do not want the application to get returned due to incorrectly filing it out!

Thank you!
Spouse and dependent children only.