+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm5669 6d for PR

dtan

Aug 27, 2019
Hi all, for imm5669 question 6d.
6. Have you or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever: -

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a CSQ or Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada, or any other country?
YES OR NO

So I am the primary applicant and havent been refused any visa. But on the other hand, one family member my sister was refused a TRV.
Should i declare this? Would it affect my application in any way for PR?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, for imm5669 question 6d.
6. Have you or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever: -

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a CSQ or Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa to Canada, or any other country?
YES OR NO

So I am the primary applicant and havent been refused any visa. But on the other hand, one family member my sister was refused a TRV.
Should i declare this? Would it affect my application in any way for PR?
Is your sister included in your application? If she is, the question matters. If not, it does not matter.

dtan

Aug 27, 2019
Is your sister included in your application? If she is, the question matters. If not, it does not matter.
I did include her in the form declaring parents and brother/sister. But it’s not that they are applying for the PR. I am applying for myself and stating my family members

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I did include her in the form declaring parents and brother/sister. But it’s not that they are applying for the PR. I am applying for myself and stating my family members
She is not your "family member" on this application. Your sister's information is entered in "additional family" form. But she is not considered as part of your PR application and thus her refusal does not count as "your family members" been refusing any visa in that question.

dtan

Aug 27, 2019
She is not your "family member" on this application. Your sister's information is entered in "additional family" form. But she is not considered as part of your PR application and thus her refusal does not count as "your family members" been refusing any visa in that question.
I see . So then I wouldn’t need to state her refusal because I don’t have kids or family so it wouldn’t be under “my family members”. My parents and sister would be additional family.

@Ponga what is your thoughts on this?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see . So then I wouldn’t need to state her refusal because I don’t have kids or family so it wouldn’t be under “my family members”. My parents and sister would be additional family.

@Ponga what is your thoughts on this?
My thoughts are that @YVR123 has answered your question.

AdsRana11

Mar 30, 2023
Hi I applied for PR and at the time I mistakenly forgot to mention that my US Visa Was refused at the age of 5 Years, Now they are asking to fill a new form imm5669e again due to other missing details like signatures, I said No at that time mistakenly, should I write yes now as I dont have all the details and any explanation letter supporting that or do they require it after the age of 18 years ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi I applied for PR and at the time I mistakenly forgot to mention that my US Visa Was refused at the age of 5 Years, Now they are asking to fill a new form imm5669e again due to other missing details like signatures, I said No at that time mistakenly, should I write yes now as I dont have all the details and any explanation letter supporting that or do they require it after the age of 18 years ?
Explaination letter is something that you write to explain. So add the missing information in the form and put down the details in your explaination letter.
e.g. you were 5 and your parents applied for you and why (if you know) it was refused.