+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Imm5604 form but full custody

Jan 14, 2024
Hi Everyone,
I would appreciate any help. My husband has full custody (court documents) of his daughter. We are in the process of sponsoring. Her birth mother lives in another country (away from us and daughter) she signed over her rights and isnt interested in helping us with the application. Can we go ahead and process the application without the imm5604 (with explanation and supporting custody documents) or is this something that will NEED to be submitted with the application.

Thank you in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I would appreciate any help. My husband has full custody (court documents) of his daughter. We are in the process of sponsoring. Her birth mother lives in another country (away from us and daughter) she signed over her rights and isnt interested in helping us with the application. Can we go ahead and process the application without the imm5604 (with explanation and supporting custody documents) or is this something that will NEED to be submitted with the application.

Thank you in advance
If you have full custody and documents are in order, then no, you shouldn't need that form. Note though IRCC can be a bit picky about what they'll accept to show custody, depending on country.