Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Dear Qorax

I am applying from Kuwait and according to document checklist I need fo fil the travels form. IMM5562E - SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION Your travels :
The applicant is a business traveler and have 1000+ trips in last 10 years ( 8 trips in last 2 month alone) how this form should be filled?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Provide the EXACT information AS REQUESTED. You will need more space so attach additional pages. If you are not sure you have included all the trips, explain your situation and that you have stated the facts to the best of your ability. I am trying to think of the most practical way to do this and wonder if, instead of doing it chronologically, you could say: "Business trips of 1-5 day duration -
LONDON, ENGLAND (2012) Jan, Feb, May (2011) Jan, Apr, Aug, Oct, Nov
PARIS, FRANCE (2012) Mar, Apr, June, Nov (2011) Feb, Mar, May, June
MUMBAI, INDIA (2012) Feb, Oct, Nov (2011) Sept, Oct, Nov
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (2012) Jun, Oct, Nov.......

What do you think?

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Pippin said:
Provide the EXACT information AS REQUESTED. You will need more space so attach additional pages. If you are not sure you have included all the trips, explain your situation and that you have stated the facts to the best of your ability. I am trying to think of the most practical way to do this and wonder if, instead of doing it chronologically, you could say: "Business trips of 1-5 day duration -
LONDON, ENGLAND (2012) Jan, Feb, May (2011) Jan, Apr, Aug, Oct, Nov
PARIS, FRANCE (2012) Mar, Apr, June, Nov (2011) Feb, Mar, May, June
MUMBAI, INDIA (2012) Feb, Oct, Nov (2011) Sept, Oct, Nov
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (2012) Jun, Oct, Nov.......

What do you think?
Honestly, I don’t know what to think. I am trying to help a friend with his application. I know for fact that it is too complicated to go through all the old passports to figure out the entry and exit stamps of 1000+ trip in 10 passports or more ! and possibility of error is too high. I think his best shot is to write an explanation cover letter for the IO and provide the trips for last 6 months on the form as example. I am sure that alone will make IO head to spin./

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
At the very least, include all LOCATIONS and the year of travel. Is that possible? Are there that many different cities or is it the same group many times? Isn't your friend lucky to have a friend like YOU! Keep up the good work.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Thank you so much pippin. Well, the cities are limited to 15- 20 which he visited multiple times through years. The thing is that he is super busy person and he wants to through his case on a representative ( lawyer) but I am encouraging him to do it himself.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It can be reassuring to have the expertise of a good immigration lawyer, especially for a complicated case, but your friend is STILL going to have to provide all the information, whether directly to CIO or through the lawyer, so it probably won't be the time saver he thinks it will be. You've probably already done it, but I like to "think like a VO" when I read problems. What do you think it is going to take to satisfy them? Copies of all the PP pages will be included with the application so they will see what you are dealing with.

bahaar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-09-2010
Pippin said:
It can be reassuring to have the expertise of a good immigration lawyer, especially for a complicated case, but your friend is STILL going to have to provide all the information, whether directly to CIO or through the lawyer, so it probably won't be the time saver he thinks it will be. You've probably already done it, but I like to "think like a VO" when I read problems. What do you think it is going to take to satisfy them? Copies of all the PP pages will be included with the application so they will see what you are dealing with.
You are right. I done all my forms myself back in 2004 and again in 2007 and finally landed in 2010. I know how things will move faster if the information provided is more clear and satisfying. And how much it makes the case better not to confuse the IO while going through those forms.