+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5540 What if you don't have a parents birthday and address?

Serph

Jun 13, 2011
Hey there everyone,

Right now my wife and I are going over all the out land forms for spousal sponsorship, but I'm having a problem with one form and I do not know if my idea is a viable means. In IMM5540 it asks for your parents birth date and address, now I have my mothers information but I lack my fathers and I really have no way to find it. The issue is, I haven't spoken to the man since I was about 10 years old, my mother believes she knows his birthday but isn't 100% sure since she hasn't obviously had contact with him for ages, and I lack any contact with people who would know this information since my fathers half basically abandoned my siblings and I.

I was wondering if I use the date my mother gave me as an approximation since I do know at least the month and year but just lack the day. Then explain in a cover letter regarding his birthday and that I lack his address due to no contact. Would this work? Or would I just get it sent right back to me?

Thanks for all the help guys it's appreciated.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Just put the date you think is right and attach an explanation, as you said. The visa officer should accept it.