+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5533 Proof o Status in Canada

joannagat

Jul 21, 2021
Hello, does anyone know how I can provide a proof of status in Canada (as a supporting document for IMM 5533) for my minor daughter and I? We do not have a stamp in our US passports, but we have been here for almost 6 months now and I don't know how to provide proof of status.

It says:
If you (the principal applicant) are living in Canada, provide poof of your status in Canada (e.g copy if temporary resident visa, study permit or work permit, temporary resident permit, including out of status documentation)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since your current stay has not yet eclipsed the 6 month mark, just apply to extend your and your daughter's visitor status (as suggested in one or more of your other posts), citing that you are now applying for spousal sponsorship. Ask for one year and see what happens. The worst thing you can do is to do nothing.

joannagat

Jul 21, 2021
Since your current stay has not yet eclipsed the 6 month mark, just apply to extend your and your daughter's visitor status (as suggested in one or more of your other posts), citing that you are now applying for spousal sponsorship. Ask for one year and see what happens. The worst thing you can do is to do nothing.
Thank you so much for your response! I did try to look into that. Unfortunately it has to be 30 days prior to becoming 6 months here in Canada. Our 6 month mark is on January 5th. My biometrics appointment is not til next week. I am just wondering now how I can get a proof of status.