+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5532E,I have some confused about the part C

julie-ca

Jan 2, 2017
hello, everyone, happy happy new year
I and my husband were classmates, but after 2 years, we began our long distance relationship.
he tried to apply two times tourist VISA to come Canada to visite me, unfortunately were refused for some reasons, so in 2015, i visited him, we spent two months together(this time we met in person as couple).
Sepetembre 2016, we got married in our orginal country. i have three months pregnant until today.
now, i have some confused when i fill the new form IMM5532E, ask to help!!

1.when was the first time you met in person?
This date is juste we met each other, just friends, not yet began our relationship?It's right?

2.did you have any contact before you met in person?

that means before met in person at the first time or we began our long relatinship, after that we met in person(like me, in 2015, visited him, before that time?)

thanks a lot!!! :) ;)

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
julie-ca said:
I and my husband were classmates, but after 2 years, we began our long distance relationship.
he tried to apply two times tourist VISA to come Canada to visite me, unfortunately were refused for some reasons, so in 2015, i visited him, we spent two months together(this time we met in person as couple).
Sepetembre 2016, we got married in our orginal country. i have three months pregnant until today.

This date is juste we met each other, just friends, not yet began our relationship?It's right?

that means before met in person at the first time or we began our long relatinship, after that we met in person(like me, in 2015, visited him, before that time?)

thanks a lot!!! :) ;)

Yes, the first question, when is the first time you met in person, means the very first time you were in the same place and met each other, as friends, as acquaintances, in a crowd. The first time you were in the same place and either were introduced or said hello to each other. Physically in the same place. Not an online meeting.

The second question means did you know each other, on the phone, on the computer or in any other way, BEFORE you ever met in real life.
If I'm understanding your situation correctly, it sounds like you had a long friendship / relationship before you ever met in person.
In the second question tell when you first had contact on the phone, computer or through friends.

julie-ca

Jan 2, 2017
IMM5532E,I have some confused about the part C

if yes, give details, who initiated the first contact , date of first contact, was if by phone, letter, e-mail, social media, etc.

as far as i understand, the last one, yes?

thanks a lot!!!

julie-ca

Jan 2, 2017
hello,BethanyM, thank you,

so, the second question means, before we met each other in 2015 in real life(i visited him that time as girfriend, not the first time met as classemates),it's correct?
we were classemates in 2010, we began our long distance relationship in novembre 2013, i visited him in april 2015

BethanyM said:
Yes, the first question, when is the first time you met in person, means the very first time you were in the same place and met each other, as friends, as acquaintances, in a crowd. The first time you were in the same place and either were introduced or said hello to each other. Physically in the same place. Not an online meeting.

The second question means did you know each other, on the phone, on the computer or in any other way, BEFORE you ever met in real life.
If I'm understanding your situation correctly, it sounds like you had a long friendship / relationship before you ever met in person.
In the second question tell when you first had contact on the phone, computer or through friends.

BethanyM

May 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2016
Doc's Request.
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-06-2016
IELTS Request
SA 19-07-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Request
Med Status: Passed
Med's Done....
April 2016
Interview........
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
WAITING SOON PLEASE
VISA ISSUED...
SOON I HOPE
LANDED..........
ASAP
julie-ca said:
hello,BethanyM, thank you,

so, the second question means, before we met each other in 2015 in real life(i visited him that time as girfriend, not the first time met as classemates),it's correct?
we were classemates in 2010, we began our long distance relationship in novembre 2013, i visited him in april 2015
These are the answers I would give:

1. First time met in person - Answer in 2010 if you know the month, include the month, perhaps the month your class started.

2. Did you know each other before your first meeting in person: Answer No we did not know each other before we met in class in 2010

These questions are for the purpose of understanding when and how you came to know each other.
You must explain your relationship in the longer essay answers.
But the truth is you actually met each other in 2010 and attended class together. It was some years later when you were no longer in the same city (country) that you developed a personal relationship and romance.

This is actually to your benefit to correctly document that you knew each other from class in 2010, and that your relationship developed more closely from 2013 onward over the course of a long period of time.

This shows you really knew who each other was, and you had a basis for beginning the distant relationship.

Don't omit the first time when you knew each other in the same place, even if it was as children. It helps prove you know and understand each other well.

In my first answer to you I overlooked that you'd attended class together. I wasn't clear what you meant.
But now it's clear your first meeting was NOT in 2015, it was when you were in class together 2010 (month).

Make this perfectly clear in your long written answers. It is really to your benefit. It's a good history for you both.

julie-ca

Jan 2, 2017
thanks, Star Member, i’m very sorry to bother you.

1.when was the first time you met in person? in class in 2010, it's ok, i understand.

if yes, give details, who initiated the first contact , date of first contact, was if by phone, letter, e-mail, social media, etc.

this is the second question, not :Did you know each other before your first meeting in person.

in my case,i think the answer is yes, because after 2013, we contact everyday by phone, or social media. the question ask contact before you met in person, not first meeting

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
julie-ca said:

this is the second question, not :Did you know each other before your first meeting in person.

in my case,i think the answer is yes, because after 2013, we contact everyday by phone, or social media. the question ask contact before you met in person, not first meeting
I'm not sure what you are misunderstanding about this question. It's very straightforward.

When did you see him in person for the very first time?

Did you have any form of contact BEFORE that very first time you met in person, i.e. did you meet online first and then meet in person, did your family pass letters between you BEFORE you met in person, did you talk on the phone BEFORE you met in person etc.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
The questions should be very straightforward like said above. I'm working on this as I type too. Just start off simple explanation. Fill in as much as you can. When you finished you going to review it of course and maybe have someone else review it for you too like close friend or family member.

SMWNDP

Jan 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/05/2017
LANDED..........
14/06/2017
julie-ca said:

1.when was the first time you met in person? in class in 2010, it's ok, i understand.

If you first met in person in a class in 2010, your contact in 2013 is not before your first meeting in person, it is after.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
julie-ca said:

For the second question, the answer is 'no'. Your first meeting was in class in 2010, and you did not have any contact before that. Your contact by phone and social media after 2013 should be mentioned in the answers to other questions. It is not relevant here.