+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5532 Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation Form Question

niashaalyssa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I had a question about Question 2 in Part B (Information about the Principal Applicant) where it asks that you list the name, address, DOB of etc. of any relatives living in Canada. How far back are you supposed to go with the relatives list. For example, my partner has some great uncles who live in Canada who have grand children (making them my partner's 3rd cousins). Is it necessary to list them as well or is it only necessary to stop at the great uncles/aunts?

Thanks in advance!

james00794

May 24, 2019
Austria
No need to go that far back. They are asking about blood (or adoptive) relatives of the primary applicant (meaning siblings, parents, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc.). A 3rd cousin is pretty far removed. If you have the information they won't penalize you for including it but I don't imagine it would make a difference.

niashaalyssa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
No need to go that far back. They are asking about blood (or adoptive) relatives of the primary applicant (meaning siblings, parents, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc.). A 3rd cousin is pretty far removed. If you have the information they won't penalize you for including it but I don't imagine it would make a difference.
Thanks very much!