+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[IMM5532] Do your close friends, family know about your relationship?

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hi,

For spousal sponsorship, what should one fill in this question in form: IMM5532
Do your close friends, family know about your relationship?

Are they expecting the list of whole family and friends?
How many names should be enough for this?

Regards
Robin

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Do your close friends, family know about your relationship?......if you answer...YES......you need provide a few names, prefer maximum 5....like your parents.....your spouse parents.....and one close friend.

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Do your close friends, family know about your relationship?......if you answer...YES......you need provide a few names, prefer maximum 5....like your parents.....your spouse parents.....and one close friend.
Cool, thanks!

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
When it asks in the column, Date they met sponsor or principal applicant(YYYY-MM-DD), are they asking for the date when they met the person with whom they are related. For example, if I write "my father's name", for this column I'll write my date of birth, right?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Date the close friends, family who know about your relationship met the sponsor or principal applicant.....for example, the principal applicant father know about the relationship and met the sponsor on Dec 31st, 2018.......so in the Date column....you fill Dec 31st, 2018 beside the PA father.

Reactions: robinsinghsobti

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
When it asks in the column, Date they met sponsor or principal applicant(YYYY-MM-DD), are they asking for the date when they met the person with whom they are related. For example, if I write "my father's name", for this column I'll write my date of birth, right?
No, the opposite. When did your parents meet your partner and when did your partner's parents meet you. When did your friends meet your partner and vice versa.

If you write in your father's name, the date should be the day he met your partner.

Reactions: robinsinghsobti

robinsinghsobti

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Date the close friends, family who know about your relationship met the sponsor or principal applicant.....for example, the principal applicant father know about the relationship and met the sponsor on Dec 31st, 2018.......so in the Date column....you fill Dec 31st, 2018 beside the PA father.
Thanks!!

dr3patel

Aug 10, 2021
No, the opposite. When did your parents meet your partner and when did your partner's parents meet you. When did your friends meet your partner and vice versa.

If you write in your father's name, the date should be the day he met your partner.
Hi,
What should I write if sponsor's parents only met the principal applicant virtually and did not meet physically? Should I write the date sponsor's father talked to principal applicant virtually? or Should I say N/A?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
What should I write if sponsor's parents only met the principal applicant virtually and did not meet physically? Should I write the date sponsor's father talked to principal applicant virtually? or Should I say N/A?
Include the virtuaeetikg info but be sure to write that it was virtual only.