+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5532 - date family/friends have met spouse

IanBradbury

Oct 29, 2016
Hello all

I have a question regarding Part C, question 7 of IMM5532...'Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship?' In the table it asks for 'Date they met sponsor or principal applicant (YYYY-MM-DD)'

I have assumed that they only want the initial date that the specified people first met the applicable person, not every single instance they have met.

Is that correct do you think?

Kind regards

Ian

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all

I have a question regarding Part C, question 7 of IMM5532...'Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship?' In the table it asks for 'Date they met sponsor or principal applicant (YYYY-MM-DD)'

I have assumed that they only want the initial date that the specified people first met the applicable person, not every single instance they have met.

Is that correct do you think?

Kind regards

Ian
Yes.

dr3patel

Aug 10, 2021
What should we if the close family member only met the sponsor/principal applicant virtually via video call and never met them physically or in-person. Should we include the date of first video call? or should we say N/A for the date and explain in separate paper?

OnlyAHobo

Oct 28, 2020
What should we if the close family member only met the sponsor/principal applicant virtually via video call and never met them physically or in-person. Should we include the date of first video call? or should we say N/A for the date and explain in separate paper?
My interpretation is that it says "Date they met" and not "Date they met in person", so a video call should count nowadays; otherwise what are Virtual Meetings?

I'm working through the form and have this scenario. However, I also have the scenario where I met them first over video, then later on in person, In this case I would give priority to the later in-person date.

My question right now is whether I'm reading the columns correctly. There is:

- Are they related to sponsor or principal applicant (i.e. indicate who they knew first and indicate either Sponsor or Principal Applicant)
- Relationship to sponsor or principal applicant (i.e. similar to Relatives Living in Canada, indicate Aunt, Cousin, Friend, etc... in relation to the previous column)
- Date they met sponsor or principal applicant (Date they met the person OPPOSITE of what is indicated in the previous columns)

So, if I want to list my spouse's (principal applicant) mother, Jane Doe, whom I met on Jan 01, 2020, The columns would be:

- Are they related to sponsor or principal applicant: [Related to] Principal Applicant
- Relationship to sponsor or principal applicant: Mother [to Principal Applicant]
- Date they met sponsor or principal applicant: [First met Sponsor] 2020-01-01

Does that sound right?

Edit: Nevermind: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-about-form-imm-5532-part-c-question-7.483466/

Last edited: