+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5490E - SPONSORED SPOUSE / PARTNER QUESTIONNAIRE QUESTION

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hello all again,

Almost completed the forms. I guess I am about to fill the trickiest form, IMM5490E. I believe the form is prepared for the couples who are married for a short term and lived apart for most of the time during their relation, which is not the case for me. Ok... The questions in the form start with FIRST MEETING. I answered this question. I had no contact with my spouse's family or friends before I met her and I have no family in Canada except my in laws. So this is taken care of too. Coming to DEVELOPMENT OF OUR RELATIONSHIP, here it gets a bit confusing. I believe, the aim of this part is to cover the information between the meeting and marriage. Please correct me if I am to add the information on our relation after the marriage.

As well the questions such as 10. and 11. are a bit too long to answer. I have been married for almost 6 years now and my spouse and I had been living together until only last July. She is in Canada now waiting for my PR to be approved. She met almost all of my family. As well, we shared a two story house for 2 and a half years with my parents, basically lived together. The list of people who knows her can reach up to hundreds. Suggestions are welcomed for this part too.

The most confusing part for me is MAINTAINING CONTACT part. My wife only returned to Canada last July and before her departure, there is pretty much not even a 3 days of staying apart from each other. How would you recommend me to answer questions 24. and 25. I believe those questions are targeting couples who lived away from each other at times during their relation.

This has been a long topic with too many questions. I appreciate all the suggestions.

Best wishes and good luck to all the applicants

faycal75

Apr 15, 2007
hello mate just fille up the right ansewers mate my story is similaire to urse so don,t be confused i filled up that questionnaire in 4 dayes so just take it easy and take u r tame to do that u dont have to tell the hall story minute by minut just fill up the most important things plus if u ansewer shortly and brifly it will not affect u r applic easy qustion mate just ansewer theme like in school that kind of forme it is like a garentie that u r relation is genioun so dont woory mate and good luck

dan-carol

Sep 8, 2007
Hi,

If you get what the caseworker is looking for it may make completing the form a little easier. You are trying to provide proof or evidence them that you and your spouse have a genuine and enduring relationship and that it is not simply a relationship that was contrived for immigration purposes.

From what you stated, you should have loads of "proof."

What we did is attached a few extra pieces of paper with friends & family names, and additional information. Sometimes it what's NOT on the form that has impact. We have provided letters from family that say a lot. I even sat down at the computer and wrote a history of our relationship, that fills in a lot of background information. That info, coupled with receipts, photos, bills, cards, some emails, a birthday or anniversary card pulls it all together over the period of the relationship. It's pretty hard to look at all of that and say it's a marriage of convenience. :)

Time is on your side when it comes to the enduring part. Not a lot of people would build a long term relationship, live together for 6 years, solely for beating the immigration system. Your caseworker probably knows every scam in the book. Just be honest and provide as much honest "evidence" as you can. If there is something missing, don't sweat it, just attach a note explaining why.

Easy as,

Best wishes,

Dan & Carol
Philippines

faycal75

Apr 15, 2007
hello mate just iwont to tell you that u relation is similar to mine exept that we have one years old boy i been whith my wif since 2003 we meet in london our relation has progressed we got maried in 2005 so like our frend who replayed you just be honest in u r ansewring 6 yeares relation u have a lot of proof that u r relation is geniune plus mintining contactes is easy mate emailes phone billes post cardes thats what u need my wife got back to canada in june so she is providing emails and phone billes same as me so our relation of corse is genuine and continouen thats how it works any way good luck my frend we r all witing for our PR to be united againe whith our loved one so just take it easy and good luck againe

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Thank you Faycal75 for the support.

You are right the situation I guess is similar. We got married in 2001 and we have a daughter who is almost 4 years old now. That's the harder part. Adults can survive seperation for awhile but my daughter can't understand the situation and wants to come back to Turkey. She doesn't realise this is a desicion mainly to enable her to grow up and study in Canada.