Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, so this is my scenario:

I just finished a 2-year college program in May 2011 and have been on vacation in Korea since June (visiting my significant other!). I'll be back in Canada in December and will start my new job when I arrive.
So, for question 2, obviously I am currently Case A) Unemployed. I'll be able to provide details to how I currently support myself.
Question 3, however, asks for my income over the last 12 months, which is very close to $0. I've been going to school and made a few insignificant bucks (<$1000) during the last summer vacation. And I've been receiving student loans.

Here are my questions:
1. Since I'm sponsoring my common-law partner, which doesn't have any financial requirements, do I need to provide this information at all? Or do I just say 'Not Applicable'?
2. If I do need to fill this in nonetheless, do student loans count as income? Or will I actually have to enter the few hundred bucks I made only?

Some ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Student loan is not considered income at least it never has when i file my taxes and I too am/was a student

You can't answer not applicable to the financial requirement even though there is no minimum requirement order your option C printout and have a look at it (assuming you have been filing taxes)

Put the income that you have received in that spot no matter how big or small

greenish

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What exactly is the Option C printout? Is it possible to order it off the CRA website?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greenish said:
What exactly is the Option C printout? Is it possible to order it off the CRA website?
Please call 1 800 959 8281 Canada Revenue Agency

Option C is your last Notice of Assessment of your most recent taxation year