+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5476E

priyankaskvyas

Sep 3, 2018
I am applying for tourist visa along with my wife in a single account. However, I am appointing my daughter to represent us and fill in the forms. We are stuck in IMM5476- Use of Representative Form. Section D for signature asks for applicant signature which I understand is mine. And also for spouse's signature for 'sponsorship' application. I am not sure what is sponsorshiip application. And should my wife sign here?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am applying for tourist visa along with my wife in a single account. However, I am appointing my daughter to represent us and fill in the forms. We are stuck in IMM5476- Use of Representative Form. Section D for signature asks for applicant signature which I understand is mine. And also for spouse's signature for 'sponsorship' application. I am not sure what is sponsorshiip application. And should my wife sign here?
Your wife needs to submit a separate 'Use of representative' form.

She cannot sign Section D of your form because that is for PR sponsorship applications

priyankaskvyas

Sep 3, 2018
The Document check list does not include IMM5476 for my wife. It's only there in my supporting document checklist and not in hers. Can I just sign and leave the Spouse's signature blank and submit the application? My wife and I together signed the IMM5713E- Use of Family Rep where I am the rep and my wife is the family member authorizing me to represent her. Other than that I'll include IMM5476E on which my daughter and I sign.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Document check list does not include IMM5476 for my wife. It's only there in my supporting document checklist and not in hers. Can I just sign and leave the Spouse's signature blank and submit the application?
Again, your wife would have needed to sign in Section D if you had applied for spousal PR.

IMM 5476 is not a mandatory document. That's why it shows up in the supporting document checklist. Not everyone submits this form.

My wife and I together signed the IMM5713E- Use of Family Rep where I am the rep and my wife is the family member authorizing me to represent her. Other than that I'll include IMM5476E on which my daughter and I sign.
It would have been simpler for both of you to individually appoint your daughter. Basically, it's not even necessary to appoint your daughter - it serves no real purpose if she is filling and submitting your forms

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@priyankaskvyas

You and your wife will need to sign separate IMM 5476 forms.

IMM 5713 form would have worked if you apply directly without appointing your daughter as your representative.

By signing both IMM 5713 and IMM 5476, it is as if you are transferring the appointment which your wife made when she appointed you.... to your daughter. Appointments of representatives cannot be transferred

Nagulen priya

May 7, 2019
My husband applying sponser visa for me ( PR) now we are fill up the use reprasantive form
Can i use reprasantive my husband?

Sep 5, 2019
Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)
Who may use this form?
Complete this form only if you:

• are appointing a representative;
  • have to update contact information for your previously appointed representative; or
  • are cancelling a representative’s appointment.
If you have dependent children aged 18 years or older, they are required to complete their own copy of this form if a representative is also conducting business on their behalf.