+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5444e form issue: Section 5.5 under Residency Obligation

Helinsky

Jan 27, 2023
Hello there, I wanted to know if anyone has had a specific issue with the IMM5444e form, specifically section 5.5 under Residency Obligation: Period to be assessed: There are 2 boxes to enter dates into and the first box (from) is not a fillable field. I have downloaded and opened the form successfully on 4 different computers but this form is still not showing as fillable, and the form wont allow me to validate it without an entry in this box. I have tried to enter it manually, and copy and paste a date into it, i feel like I have tried everything but nothing works. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps you should consider applying online, oh...but then there's the plethora of issues being reported from those that have done that, too.

Printing the blank form and completing it by hand, may be your only recourse...for now.

Helinsky

Jan 27, 2023
Perhaps you should consider applying online, oh...but then there's the plethora of issues being reported from those that have done that, too.

Printing the blank form and completing it by hand, may be your only recourse...for now.

Hi. Thanks for reply but the website said that you can only apply online for new PR applications, not for renewing PR which i am doing. And you need to have the pdf validated before printing it because validating it creates barcodes which i believe i need. So i have to complete the form, validate it, then print and sign by hand and send in the mail. The form wont validate without that date field complete. Quite the pickle!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Thanks for reply but the website said that you can only apply online for new PR applications, not for renewing PR which i am doing. And you need to have the pdf validated before printing it because validating it creates barcodes which i believe i need. So i have to complete the form, validate it, then print and sign by hand and send in the mail. The form wont validate without that date field complete. Quite the pickle!
Ah, that certainly makes the `hoop' you're jumping through, substantially smaller in diameter. LOL!

FWIW, much of the online process has been having major problems. This could very well be yet another one; still might warrant a call to them.

Helinsky

Jan 27, 2023
Hi Helinsky, just wondering whether you were able to find the answer? I am trying to fill out the form and ran into the same issue.
Hi Terry L, sorry to hear you had the same issue. Long story short, i spoke with an immigration officer who told me to print the form completed (except for that 1 section), fill in that section with pen, sign and date it and mail it like that. They said to include a letter of explanation as to why the form was hand filled in for that date. The immigration officer i spoke with looked at the form on the website and noticed the same issue. She checked the form with one of their techs and they said there were no 'background issues' so she advised filling it out by hand. That is what i did and i mailed my full application a few weeks ago.
If there are lots of people having the same issue maybe they will fix it :)
Good luck
Helena

TerryL89

Mar 19, 2023
Hi Terry L, sorry to hear you had the same issue. Long story short, i spoke with an immigration officer who told me to print the form completed (except for that 1 section), fill in that section with pen, sign and date it and mail it like that. They said to include a letter of explanation as to why the form was hand filled in for that date. The immigration officer i spoke with looked at the form on the website and noticed the same issue. She checked the form with one of their techs and they said there were no 'background issues' so she advised filling it out by hand. That is what i did and i mailed my full application a few weeks ago.
If there are lots of people having the same issue maybe they will fix it :)
Good luck
Helena
Thank you, Helena!!!

laratamamey

Dec 5, 2010
Hi @Helinsky did the application get processed without issue?
@TerryL89 have you sent your application?
I am running into the same issue but mine actually has a date on it and I cannot edit it...

And where does the barcode show? I tried the validate button but no barcode appeared

Helinsky

Jan 27, 2023
Hi there, so it turns out that i didn't need my PR application in the end because i had applied for citizenship around the same time and my citizenship application got processed insanely fast(4 months from applying to receiving citizenship...insane). However i would still recommend sending the letter with your application. Because my form wasnt complete i couldnt validate it and it didnt have barcodes so i would say the letter is a good option. Good luck with it all!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there, so it turns out that i didn't need my PR application in the end because i had applied for citizenship around the same time and my citizenship application got processed insanely fast(4 months from applying to receiving citizenship...insane). However i would still recommend sending the letter with your application. Because my form wasnt complete i couldnt validate it and it didnt have barcodes so i would say the letter is a good option. Good luck with it all!!
Congrats!

TerryL89

Mar 19, 2023
Hi @Helinsky did the application get processed without issue?
@TerryL89 have you sent your application?
I am running into the same issue but mine actually has a date on it and I cannot edit it...

And where does the barcode show? I tried the validate button but no barcode appeared

I ended up submitting my citizenship application instead of extending the PR card.

Reactions: laratamamey