+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5406 - with respect to full addresses

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi everyone, just wanted to hopefully get some comments from the veterans here.

Recently noticed that a few folks over at the inland March thread got their applications returned due to not adding the zip codes to home addresses.

My wife's country doesn't regularly use zip codes and one can find the address on Google by just the street numbers etc. Im thinking we should research her mom's actual zip code now and sending in a web form update.

Would you guys recommend sending in the application "IMM 5406" again through the webform to add in zip codes? We already filled in our Canadian postal code. I saw on previous threads that people were just required to correct the mistake through web form if required but a bit scared now of having the full application returned from reading the March Inland thread,

Last edited:

cn1

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020

Recently noticed that a few folks over at the inland March thread got their applications returned due to not adding the zip codes to home addresses.

My wife's country doesn't regularly use zip codes and one can find the address on Google by just the street numbers etc. Im thinking we should research her mom's actual zip code now and sending in a web form update.

Would you guys recommend sending in the application "IMM 5406" again through the we form to add in zip codes? We already filled in our Canadian postal code. I saw on previous threads that people were just required to correct the mistake through web form if required but a bit scared now of having the full application returned from reading the March Inland thread,
I submitted December 2019 Inland Spusal sponsorship application before.
I have same problem with the form had not put the Postal Cod for address. I have sent the webform attach new IMM 5406.
Finally my package has return in March 2020. I don t know how they deal with right now.

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020

Would you guys recommend sending in the application "IMM 5406" again through the we form to add in zip codes? We already filled in our Canadian postal code. I saw on previous threads that people were just required to correct the mistake through web form if required but a bit scared now of having the full application returned from reading the March Inland thread,
Worried about the same thing. They said zipcode for this form are required for Canadian and US address. I forgot to put zipcode for this form for the applicant which is not a Canadian or US address, and typed the address as it is. Some said it depends, some were given chances to resubmit, but I wonder if they were specifically made aware of their mistake being the zipcode for this form why their applications were returned or they just assumed it. I was thinking Inland applicant with no zipcode were returned, so maybe they didn't put zipcode for Canadian address which is required.

Also, wondering how we can update them without AOR as we are September 2020 applicant. We need to inform them of new work contract and maybe add the principal applicant's zipcode for this form even though applicant doesnt live in US or Candian address. Just to be sure.

Last edited:

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Worried about the same thing. They said zipcode for this form are required for Canadian and US address. I forgot to put zipcode for this form for the applicant which is not a Canadian or US address, and typed the address as it is. Some said it depends, some were given chances to resubmit, but I wonder if they were specifically made aware of their mistake being the zipcode for this form why their applications were returned or they just assumed it. I was thinking Inland applicant with no zipcode were returned, so maybe they didn't put zipcode for Canadian address which is required.

Also, wondering how we can update them without AOR as we are September 2020 applicant. We need to inform them of new work contract and maybe add the principal applicant's zipcode for this form even though applicant doesnt live in US or Candian address. Just to be sure.
Hi bcakes, so that's my interpretation as well. For Canada and USA address zip codes are absolutely required.

However, for foreign address outside of North America I just wonder how strict they are as zip codes aren't as common. The user whom got their application returned appears to be a USA/Canada applicant so I wonder if any of the vets here chime in whether foreign addresses absolutely requires zip codes?

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
I submitted December 2019 Inland Spusal sponsorship application before.
I have same problem with the form had not put the Postal Cod for address. I have sent the webform attach new IMM 5406.
Finally my package has return in March 2020. I don t know how they deal with right now.
Hi cn1, did they return your application because you were missing a zip code ?

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hi bcakes, so that's my interpretation as well. For Canada and USA address zip codes are absolutely required.

However, for foreign address outside of North America I just wonder how strict they are as zip codes aren't as common. The user whom got their application returned appears to be a USA/Canada applicant so I wonder if any of the vets here chime in whether foreign addresses absolutely requires zip codes?
Browsing through this forum, I observed that it's normal to be asked to resubmit this form. Mostly inland applicants have troubles with it as Canada or US zip code are required. So far, I haven't seen any outland applicant that has a problem or applications that were returned due to the missing zip code for this specific form.

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Browsing through this forum, I observed that it's normal to be asked to resubmit this form. Mostly inland applicants have troubles with it as Canada or US zip code are required. So far, I haven't seen any outland applicant that has a problem or applications that were returned due to the missing zip code for this specific form.
Yup, I don't mind resubmitting through web form if required, I just pray that they don't decline the whole application and send it back.

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Yes, Only for this reason
Very sorry to hear that cn1. Were you missing a north american postal code by any chance? I'm just wondering, as it seems like there's a few posters here from maybe Asian countries where postal codes/zip codes aren't as common.

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Yes, Only for this reason
Sorry that you have to go through this. Did they specifically pointed this out as the reason when they returned your application? Was it zip code for America or Canada address that was missing?

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Yup, I don't mind resubmitting through web form if required, I just pray that they don't decline the whole application and send it back.
Would you mind if I ask if youre applying Inland or Outland? We are applying Outland. Also, did you get AOR and just worried they would still return your application for this reason regarding IMM 5406? Is it possible to still return the application after recieving AOR?

JpnCdnrelationship

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Would you mind if I ask if youre applying Inland or Outland? We are applying Outland. Also, did you get AOR and just worried they would still return your application for this reason regarding IMM 5406? Is it possible to still return the application after recieving AOR?
Hi we've applied inland. No AOR yet just a temporary application number. We're worried they might return it did to missing the zipcodes for my wife's mom's address. I think once you received a permanent AOR you're safe

bcakes

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Hi we've applied inland. No AOR yet just a temporary application number. We're worried they might return it did to missing the zipcodes for my wife's mom's address. I think once you received a permanent AOR you're safe
I think if their address is not Canada or US address, it will be okay. As for me, I forgot to put zip code for my adress (outside of US or Canada) and my country as it doesn't have enough space. But I think it's safe to wait than to bring this into their attention, and just correct if they ask to resubmit, we must be overthinking it. Or it really depends on the officer handling it, let's just hope it will be okay. That is just my opinion. But if there are other changes in your cicumstances like change or employer/job etc. we should make them aware of it once we have temporary file number or AOR.