+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM5406 Query received from Ottawa

Candreamer

Oct 4, 2011
Hi all,

I have a question to the fellow members of this forum. I have sent my wife's sponsorship application in the first week of September 2012.
I live in Canada and she lives in India. I have sent all the necessary documents and forms duly filled in to the CPC Mississauga.
Today I received an email from Case Processing Pilot- Ottawa asking me to submit the " Separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form IMM5406 bearing original signatures" for the persons I am sponsoring.

I have a couple of questions concerning this message,

1. Do me and my wife, both have to fill in the IMM5406 forms? or is it just my wife who has to do this?

2. Why did I get this message from CPP-Ottawa, When I have sent the application to CPC Mississauga? Is the CPP Ottawa also for responsible for the permanent residence applications when the sponsor lives in Canada and the spouse lives in any other country, other than US?

Thank you for your time in reading this query!
Many Thanks in anticipation for your response!

Greets,
Candreamer

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
1. The additional family member form is for the Principal Applicant (your wife) to fill out, however; it requires signatures from the both of you, as most of the forms do.

2. Ottawa is handling some of the sponsorship volume from Mississauga. Since you heard from Ottawa, that is where your applicant to sponsor is being processed until it is passed on to the visa office (New Delhi, I'm assuming?).

Good luck to you and your wife :) Once you return that form to CIC, it looks like your sponsorship approval is just around the corner.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Candreamer said:
1. Do me and my wife, both have to fill in the IMM5406 forms? or is it just my wife who has to do this?

2. Why did I get this message from CPP-Ottawa, When I have sent the application to CPC Mississauga? Is the CPP Ottawa also for responsible for the permanent residence applications when the sponsor lives in Canada and the spouse lives in any other country, other than US?
1. Only your wife needs to fill this form. Just make sure that she covers the 3 possible spots for signature. If you don't have kids she needs to signs 2 places, and if you have kids, there are 3 spots for signature. The spots are kinda sneaky and easy to miss. Also, for the first question on the form, don't forget that she needs to write the names of the additional family information in her native language, as well.

2. CPC-O currently helps CPC-M with sponsorship approvals, and is also responsible for spousal sponsorship applications from the States (formerly sent to Buffalo, but as you know Buffalo is closed now), part of spousal sponsorships from Cairo, and part of partent/gparent sponsorships. Not sure about any other case, though I've seen it mentioned here that it also handles the appeals.

Good luck! :)

mynboi6768

Aug 6, 2012
hi canddreamer i also got an email from ott-pilot immigration regarding IMM5406.i was lucky enough that my entire application wasnt returned.good luck!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
We only saw 3 places for the Applicant to sign, I (as the sponsor) did not sign it anywhere. The first for NOT having a spouse (does not apply), the second for NOT having any children (choose accordingly), and the third for your wife to sign at the bottom. Make sure your wife puts YOU on the form, we even had her put herself FIRST on the form and in the Relationship column, put 'Applicant'.

Our form was neither returned, nor requested to re-submit.

mynboi6768

Aug 6, 2012
i really dont understand why ottawa-pilot immigration requesting me to submit IMM 5406 and IMM 1017 for my brother in law?is this a normal case?